PDA

View Full Version : Kit bash blade plug

Paedryn
05-10-2018, 02:01 PM
I built this blade plug from objects I had lying around.

I used an inch of the thick blade tube as my base. I had a bunch of parts for an older TRAXXAS gas R/C and built up the end from those gears and other parts. I then used a metalic set of paint markers to add color. Finally, I stole some plastic "rubies" from my wifes scrapbook supplies. I know you can purchase several different colored jewels at Wal Mart for a fairly cheap price. They have an adhesive back, but I used super glue to reinforce them. I would note that the jewels do not light up when the blade is on. I am sure some enterprising individual could get it to work, but I am going to just leave it as is.

Nothing amazing or costly. Just a bit of kit bashing from stuff you find around the house.16666166671666816669

Seth Skywalker
05-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Are those kyber crystals :shock:. Good job on the bladeplug. Very unique!

ARKM
05-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Very cool.

Tom Tilmon
05-10-2018, 07:29 PM
For that crazy vader dog guy to like your blade plug design, you know you've done well. Since that crazy vader dog guy might be known for some fancy blade socket plugger thingies. Nice job.

Tom

TwinMill
05-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Finally, I stole some plastic "rubies" from my wifes scrapbook supplies.
They have an adhesive back.
I would note that the jewels do not light up when the blade is on. I am sure some enterprising individual could get it to work, but I am going to just leave it as is.

Nothing amazing or costly. Just a bit of kit bashing from stuff you find around the house.

If the "jewels" are like any of the ones I've seen, there's usually a bit of metal foil between the gem and the adhesive, my guess is to improve light refraction... (or in layman's terms; to make it more sparkly). If you can grab one more (even temporarily) from your wife's scrapbook supplies, you could check the back end to see if it's the same as I describe. If so, that would definitely block any light coming from behind the gem.

darth_chasm
05-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Creative. I like it

Paedryn
05-14-2018, 08:32 PM
TwinMill, you are absolutely correct.

I will try it out and get back to let everyone know.

And thanks for the kind remarks from everyone.