PDA

View Full Version : ROTJ LED Wiring question

simi
03-24-2007, 03:32 AM
I saw the picture posted here for the wire descriptions on a MR Luke ROTJ sound board. It also mentioned not to hook uo the LED on the same leads labeled in the pic. My question is where do you hook up the LED then? Would it be possible to use a K2 instead of a Lux III? Would it also be possible to hook up one of Corbin's PLI on the board as well? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

This is the link with the wire description:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1067

xwingband
03-24-2007, 06:15 AM
You can use the LEd output... he just put a disclaimer that he can't tell you it's running the right amperage if you use the wrong battery configuration.

K2... yeah, it's just another LED. If you want to get the most out of it you might need to do more. Read around... lots of topic on that.

PLI... that really has no impact on the current wiring. It's just a splice in.

simi
03-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the quick response, I just wanted to double check before I did anything. I did get a wiring diagram on how to run a K2 off of the sound board but as for the PLI I knew that it was a splice in. I am unsure though what wires I should solder it to. Do you know by any chance?

xwingband
03-24-2007, 06:58 PM
If you are going with a relay get a DPDT one and you can just use that. It just get's "Y"'ed from the two power wires.

You can always s use the stock switch too. The MR's have always been DPDT's. Still is just the power wires then interrupted by a switch.

simi
03-24-2007, 10:44 PM
So then if I undestand this properly, the PLI would get spliced in on the wires coming from the switch?

Lord Maul
03-24-2007, 10:47 PM
yup. or if you want it on 24/7 between the battery pack and the switch :lol:

simi
03-25-2007, 03:14 AM
I was messing around with the wiring on the PLI and I've also got it to work my connecting it to the pos & neg leads on the LED. Is one way of connecting it better than the other? Sorry for all the questions but I'm only 14, have never done any of this, and am trying to do this as a surprise for my Uncle.

xwingband
03-25-2007, 05:15 AM
It will work on the leads of the LED. It depends on how you are running it whether that's good or not.

If you are running the K2 straight from the MR board I wouldn't keep the PLI there. It will dim the LED that way.