PDA

View Full Version : Nano Biscotte v4 and single-die LEDS

Bianchi
12-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Greetings, guys

I plan to build a lightsaber in the near future and so I've beem looking up all datasheets, manuals, etc, even electronics lessons online (I'm rather new to the lightsaber hobby).

This question came up: can I use the NBv4 with a single-die LED, e.g. a green Cree XP E2? If possible, how can I wire them? (I don't mind not having a flash on clash effect or not being able to edit colors in RICE.)

Thanks in advance.

bigkevin61
12-28-2017, 06:28 PM
Yes, you would just wire one + on the led star to the + on the battery, and one - from the led star to the - L1 pad on the NB board.
Just ignore the other wiring from the led star in the manual (no 2nd die to L2, no 3rd die to the PeX and L3).

Though, it wouldn’t be too much more effort to use a Tri-Cree led, and you don’t HAVE to use an RGB for “color mixing”. You can do a single color main board with a “X -X - White” setup (where “x” is your color choice).

Bianchi
12-29-2017, 03:27 AM
So I'd have 2x thw luminous power. I hadn't thought about that.
Btw, are buckpucks necessary in the NB setup? Or just resistors?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
12-29-2017, 05:29 AM
Just resistors.

Bianchi
12-29-2017, 05:33 AM
Thanks. I asked that because I was confused about the "no current regulator" in the NBv4 description.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
12-29-2017, 11:49 AM
Thanks. I asked that because I was confused about the "no current regulator" in the NBv4 description.

That’s a comparison reference to a hardware feature that higher end boards like the Crystal Focus and the Petit Crouton have on them.