PDA

View Full Version : Neopixel NBV4 Build Parts List

Cloudfeather
12-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Ok, so I decided to build a neopixel blade, powered by the NBV4. The hilt will be a custom job by me, and I want the saber to be pretty streamlined overall. I've been doing a lot of research and here is my parts list so far...

Nano Biscotte Sound Module V4
18650 Single Cell Holder
MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers
2W 28mm Bass Speaker
Canadian TrustFire Protected 3.7V 2400mAh 18650 Lithium Battery (2-pack)
12mm Anti Vandal Momentary White Ring Switch
Pre-Soldered NeoPixel PCB connector and pin set
1" Thin walled Polycarbonate 40" long
TCSS Foam
Diffusion Film
Blade Cap
Various Resistors
Wire/Heat Shrink

The hilt will be various pieces of aluminum, either soldered or set screwed together.

I'm curious if anyone has a wiring diagram for a simple setup like this. I was reading through the NBV4 manual and found a lot of useful information, just want to cover all my bases.

It's my understanding that you can run this setup with the on AV switch, using it to toggle through the fonts and having a specific color set to each font through the SD card? And if anyone would happen to know what Ohm resistor I need inline with the AV switch, that would be helpful as well. Or any other constructive criticism. Thank you.

RarestSquirrel
12-18-2017, 04:06 PM
You'll want to go with one of the larger capacity 18650's, the pixels chew a lot of power and there isn't any sense going with anything below 3500mah.
Better yet, if you can... use a 26650.

Cloudfeather
12-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Brand recommendation? I've seen some that go as high as 6000mah, but I think they're low drain?

I'm definitely no expert on batteries.

RarestSquirrel
12-18-2017, 05:10 PM
I've got a Keeppower 3500mah 18650 in mine - it does last a fairly acceptable amount of time(though I've not measured).
I'm sure other brands like nitecore or say panasonic are also more than acceptable, though with all of them just make sure that the holder you're getting will fit.

Cloudfeather
12-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Awesome, I'll see what I can find. :)

Also, I know you have to double up the positive and negative leads coming from the LED strip. Can this be done using the MWS header that they sell for the NBV4?

Cloudfeather
12-19-2017, 01:01 PM

My wiring schematic. I know I'm missing a wire to my AV switch. Kinda stumped on that last lead.