PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Anakin Grips

felix142
03-21-2007, 12:01 AM
I absolutely hate to ask here (this IS a forum attached to a store), but does anyone know where to get the grips used for the AOTC Anakin lightsaber? I only ask because they were a bit smaller and flatter than most grips offered and thus a bit easier to handle while dueling. The last place I ever saw them was www.jedi-supply.com but that website is now inactive.

Again, asking here is an absolute last resort, but does anyone know where they are still available?

Ryma Mara
03-21-2007, 03:23 AM
Ya got your forums mixed up. but Xwing will fix it.

The only way I can think of is to try the grip that tim has in the store, ah you might try the grips from maybe a vader Mr saber and Iam not sure what there like but theres blas-tech but there pricy. IMO to pricy.

vortextwist
03-21-2007, 06:00 AM
other than trimming down the ones you find at other places (ebay) not sure. I think tim sells his by the foot anyhow so you would have to cut them down.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-21-2007, 06:50 AM
blast techs is 5 bucks a foot for grip.

Jonitus
09-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Not to dredge up old topics, but supposing I can figure out how to cast parts, I can make all the bloody Anakin AOTC grips you can shake a stick at. I have a machined master I can make a mold from.

ti-el_terall
09-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Nice, those would be cool. It would be a simple as getting one of those silicone c-cking gones, adding a release agent to the grips and then molding them.

I wish I had saved some of the good molding tutorial sites I had, they showed it in a way that wasnt hard to follow.

Sethski
01-08-2009, 08:26 AM
I noticed this crumbly old thread, so I dug it up rather than starting a new one.

I hope it's OK to ask as this isn't something the shop carries. I'm looking at tracking down some diet grips (slimline) like the Anakin AOTC ones for my current saber project. Does anyone know of a possible source for them?

I'll probably try to cut down some regular ones if I don't find anything, it's a not a great financial blow if they don't turn out how I want, but it'd be great to find some good ready made ones.