PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions for the Gurus

Crashteam85
03-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi, I've been trolling this forum and have fallen in love with what you guys do...

First question... A friend of mine gave me his MR Mace saber, It for some reason started frying batteries and filled with Acid from a ruptured battery. SO what I have is a completely gutted hilt, no blade, no blade holder, not even the switch. I do have the led strand, thats it. Now My question is, Is there much I can do with this hilt? I looked over the conversion but it seems to require many of the factory parts still... Any opinions on what to do with it are welcome!

My other question, I'm the proud owner of 3 working MR blades, 2 vaders and a Anikan. I was planning to convert one of the vaders as my first conversion, however funds are limited so I had the idea, would the led strand from the MR Mace blade's connector plug into the Vader board? I know the mace uses 6 batteries and the vader only 3... Before I go and gut the saber I was hoping you guys could help...

Thanks and Keep this Killer hobby going!

Lord Maul
03-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Now My question is, Is there much I can do with this hilt? I looked over the conversion but it seems to require many of the factory parts still... Any opinions on what to do with it are welcome!

you can still convert it. however, it won't have the fancy MR battery pack or plastic guts. what you would do is buy the conversion kit, and the luke SB in the store along with a 4 AA battery pack. then, you would do the conversion just like normal, but leaving out all the stuff dealing with the plastic guts.

finally, you would need to mount the speaker to the pommel with extra wire so it can pull out.

it is a lot of work but it will save your mace

I was planning to convert one of the vaders as my first conversion, however funds are limited so I had the idea, would the led strand from the MR Mace blade's connector plug into the Vader board?

Sure. the one thing to be careful of is if your vader has a DIN plug. the way to figure this out is by taking apart the switch box. if the plates are metal, you're good to go and all ya do is completely take apart the saber and switch the led strip. if the plates are plastic and the clamp is a actual clamp instead of a round tube, it will be harder.

i can't help you if your vader does have a DIN plug, someone else will have to

Hope that was helpful :D

EDIT - one more thing, for the luke board you'll also need to buy a luke stock switch which i'm pretty sure can be modified to work for the mace but don't quote me on that. the SB doesn't come with a switch so you'll need to get one :wink:

ti-el_terall
03-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Luke sound board is out of stock. :roll:

elrond.406
03-20-2007, 08:35 PM
I know the mace uses 6 batteries and the vader only 3... Before I go and gut the saber I was hoping you guys could help...

The battery holder difference doesn't matter here, MR was just too lazy to change the Mace's case from 6 to 3 batteries. 8)

Crashteam85
03-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the quick responses...

If I don't end up going out tonight I may just stay in and get to work making my new Vader saber a Blueish shade of purple!

Thanks for the info on the Mace resurrection as Ive come to call it, The kid had screwed up the black plastic grip also so some painting will be in order to make it look good again, I was thinking maybe rigging up some kind of good looking basic switch to get it on and off in place of the gaping rectangle that had the stock switch. I'm not going to even worry about the sound board, I planned to use it as a Dueling saber anyway, since the things are so easy to fight with.

Well Thanks again, I'm sure once this house sells and things financially settle down I'll be posting up pic's of some planned MHS blades...

Ty

Crashteam85
03-24-2007, 09:18 AM
For the record, the Vader board wont run the purple LED's from the Mace blade, Unless I did somthing wrong.. Oh well almost time to convert them anyway

Lord Maul
03-24-2007, 09:28 AM
did you plug in the white thing from the mace blade properly?
that's the only thing i can think of.

quick edit - does the saber still emit sound? if it does then i think that all the leds in the blade are blown :shock:

vortextwist
03-24-2007, 10:03 AM
the vader and maul have the clash sensore in the blade. the others are wired seperately

Lord Maul
03-24-2007, 10:14 AM
VT, ya forgot the ani. it also has the sensor in the blade.

now that you mention it, this is probably why it won't work. the circuit isn't complete without the sensor in it

vortextwist
03-24-2007, 03:06 PM
oh ya, That would be my guess.

Madcow
03-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I imagine that the red LED string requires a different voltage than the blue LED strings.

MC