PDA

View Full Version : FX SABER PROBS

carlos185
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
alrite folks,
bit new 2 all this so i hope am in the rite section.
I have an anakin force fx and a single darth maul battle damage fx saber and both have sum irratic behavour. after the blade is energised, if you run your hand up or down the blade, the sound intermittantly goes week, and the blade intermittantly fires up, sumtimes just half the leds lite up. if u strike another saber, insted of the striking effects, the seber powers up again. same prob on both sabers and onb me mates anakin saber.
n e help regardin this would b much apreciated.

also, is there a tutorial for the anakin fx saber? got most of it apart lastnite but didnt wana donald duck n e thin

cheers

stevo

Lord Maul
03-20-2007, 04:18 PM
replace the batteries. that usually works.

did you look around :?:
honestly, the ani disassembly thread is right here (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5) :roll:

xwingband
03-20-2007, 07:32 PM
When you pull on the blade you are futzing with the wiring harness inside. It may actually be not seated right. All you have to do is open it up and push it down to fix that.

elrond.406
03-20-2007, 08:32 PM
replace the batteries. that usually works.

did you look around :?:
honestly, the ani disassembly thread is right here :roll:

BROKED LINK ALERT! :o

carlos185
03-20-2007, 09:03 PM
rite,
av had the whole thing apart, resolderd every singe joint exept those in the speaker end of the battery cartridge, and its still the daaaaaaam same!!! no idea? avnt gota clue!!! put new batteries in it and it still dont work properly.
cant believe no1 else as had this problem considerin iv found it on every1 ive looked at. 3xani and 1xdarth maul. werrrrrrd!

stevo

vortextwist
03-21-2007, 06:07 AM
maybe a bad connection between the batt pack and the pins inside the hilt. I kind of had that problem on my mace. I just took an old o-ring and used it as a spacer between the batt and the cap. That would be the last thing I can think of.

jjshumpert
03-21-2007, 09:57 AM
the problem here has to be in the molex connector between the blade and sound module. try removing both connectors and wiring the blade leads directly to their respective posts on the sound module. if there is still this problem that im at a loss

Lord Maul
03-21-2007, 02:51 PM
can you please type more legibly carlos?
it will help us figure out your problem :wink:

and elrond, i fixed the link

carlos185
03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
okey, ive given up trying to find the root cause of the problem, i think its probably the molex crimps as ive had problems with these on cctv equipment , but ill confirm this later in the week.
im thinking of getting a convirsion kit for the anakin ep3 saber. what i could do with knowing is: will i lose the blade extension and retraction feature if i convert to an led or el blade?

thanx greatly, sorry for me rubbish writing

carlos

Lord Maul
03-26-2007, 08:56 PM
you will lose the extend/retract effect, but, the blade is removable and is brighter

xwingband
03-27-2007, 04:20 AM
okey, ive given up trying to find the root cause of the problem, i think its probably the molex crimps as ive had problems with these on cctv equipment , but ill confirm this later in the week.
im thinking of getting a convirsion kit for the anakin ep3 saber. what i could do with knowing is: will i lose the blade extension and retraction feature if i convert to an led or el blade?

thanx greatly, sorry for me rubbish writing

carlos

That's in the FAQ... :roll: