PDA

View Full Version : Quick Basic wiring question

Kmgenius
12-01-2017, 03:58 PM
PREFACE: I've never done any kind of electronic wiring, and I've been killing myself trying to figure out the cheapest way to do this. Basically I want to use 4x AAA batteries to power a Lime Rebel Star LED along with a 16mm latching AV switch with the glowing ring. All I want is the light on the switch and the main LED to turn on when I push the button. I would like to use resistors only to keep the cost to an absolute minimum. I've watched a couple videos about this, but none of them use resistors and a latching AV switch.

QUESTION: Which resistors/resistor do I use?(I'm pretty sure the resistor going to the switch light is correct) , and how would I wire it all together? This link should take you to a diagram illustrating sort of what I mean, maybe also showing what an amateur I am..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6h9ij7l08pgwplb/Wiring%3F.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for any help

PS I'm attempting to help a couple of my friends make lightsabers as well. They have the same setup, but with Cyan and deep red LED's

Forgetful Jedi Knight
12-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the Forums.

You can wire your switch LED (+) to the positive wire after the switch, and the (-) can go to the negative wire after the main LED.

As for figuring the resistors out. I have a stickied post which covers all that.

With all that said, 4AAA batteries will not last a long time, nor will it stay very bright for very long. A 3.7V Li-ion battery may be a much better alternative for you.