PDA

View Full Version : mp3 to wav not working

TankReady
11-20-2017, 11:23 AM
hello there. I wanted,for giggles, to use a couple sounds from the heartstone game as boot and clash on my saber, so I went on a web converter, changed them to wav, used the values specified in the sticky post (16 bit and 22050htz) but neither works.
Now from some reading I realized clash probably doesn't work cause it won't fit with hum (is it right?) but boot should work fine :O

Silver Serpent
11-20-2017, 02:09 PM
The web converter may have left metadata in your sound file. A sound editor like Audacity (it's free to download and use) can strip the metadata and save the file in the correct format.

Another thing to remember is that you MUST perform a full format on your SD card before you change any sound files.

TankReady
11-20-2017, 03:27 PM
The web converter may have left metadata in your sound file. A sound editor like Audacity (it's free to download and use) can strip the metadata and save the file in the correct format.

Another thing to remember is that you MUST perform a full format on your SD card before you change any sound files.
I understand. Will give Audacity a try then!
I indeed formatted the sd card all the times I tried changing the files, so the issue shouldnt come from there

Thanks

EDIT: I tried but for some reason the sound gets all slowed down when changing the rate to 22050 and I get the missing sound beep when I boot the saber