PDA

View Full Version : 2003 MR Vader, Cree LED Conversion

Pressed
11-10-2017, 09:01 PM
I'm doing a conversion for my 03 Vader right now, and while I was able to get the light to power on during testing, the sound doesn't come on with it and I can't figure out why. I didn't do anything to the board at all. I simply cut the connector off of the LED strip and put the brown wire to the power for the LED and the rest of them to the Negative side. I'm at a loss as to why the sound isn't coming on, if I didn't mess with anything on the board shouldn't it get the power to turn on from the battery pack as normal? I'm only using 1 LED with the original 6 AA battery pack. Thanks!

Also, the saber worked normally with sound before I started and nothing else has changed.

Pressed
11-14-2017, 08:53 AM
I happen to also have the 2005 Luke, so I connected the 03 Vader board to it's battery pack and the sound came on as normal, so I guess the speaker is not getting power. So then I put the vader battery pack in the luke and the speaker worked fine in the Luke. Now I really don't know what to do.

I just can't figure out why that would have happened since I didn't mess with the speaker or the wiring. Good to know my Vader board and speaker are ok though!

Pressed
11-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Ok, now it all works. I just jiggled it a bit and it turned on. So I guess that is a wrap for this thread. Now for the hard part, stuffing all of it in the saber.