PDA

View Full Version : colored filter on the mirrored tip

dbraxton9
01-01-2006, 09:24 PM
has anyone tried putting the colored filter disk on the mirrored tip to make a 2-tone lightsaber? like maybe a blue LED with a yellow filter to fade into green along the length of the blade? maybe a yellow LED with a red filtered tip to look like fire? maybe a red blade with a blue filter tip to make a sunset purple color? and of course, the white led with any colored tip?
just an idea, let me know what you think.
DB

scaarmor
01-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Its definitly worth trying. I dont know if someones already done it, but if not I will give it a try when my order gets in and take pics to show everyone.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

scaarmor
01-08-2006, 12:40 AM
I did my experimenting with this, and as guessed it does change the color but only in like the last 3-4" of the blade-not evenly throughout. I have pics of a yellow blade with a blue tip an white blade with blue tip. I will post them as soon as I get them into the computer-(having some trouble with that).

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

dbraxton9
01-08-2006, 11:49 AM
in your opinion, does it lok as cool as it sounds like it would?
DB

scaarmor
01-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Please refer here to see pics-dont want to double post them. And in my opinion it looked cool but I didnt like it enough to put it in mine because it only mixes the colors in the tip- now if it met in the midle that would be something!

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=230&whichpage=2

Cain

dbraxton9
01-08-2006, 06:37 PM
thank you so much!
Wonderful pics, very very helpful.
Did you use a white LED with filters on the emitter end or did you use a blue LED? the amount of color change in your pics encourages me to keep trying at this as it is so unique. I think a blue LED with a red filtered tip would produce the "sunset saber" effect I have in mind.

scaarmor
01-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes, white LED with color discs.

Cain

Wolverine
01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Where do you guys get the mirrored tips? I used some metal tape, and it doesn't actually equalize the blade light color uniformity well.[?]

scaarmor
01-13-2006, 04:12 PM
I got mine in the craft section at Walmart- little package of all different diameters with some that fit just right.

Cain

Wolverine
01-14-2006, 10:12 PM
At Walmart huh? How big was the package, and what was it called? If you can remember, it would be a great help finding it.http://www.hometown.aol.com/jedisithlord/images/thumbup.gif

How well does it work?? Thanks for the info[8D]

xwingband
01-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Check my latest reply on the blade tip thread. I found it today.[:D] Pics are there too.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Wolverine
01-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks man !! World of help http://www.hometown.aol.com/jedisithlord/images/thumbup.gif