PDA

View Full Version : Need some help looking for a type of switch.

morpheus1977
10-08-2017, 10:54 PM
I am trying to locate a latching rotating switch. A simple, turn one way it's on and turn back it's off. Anybody heard of something like that? Or where I can find it?

BZWingZero
10-09-2017, 06:17 AM
It might be easier to rig up a miniature slide switch like you might find on a toy with a disk cover that pushes the slider based on how you turn it.

rlobrecht
10-09-2017, 08:44 AM
A quick google search for "latching rotary switch" turns up a few options.

ARKM
10-09-2017, 11:43 AM
ebay is where I got mine. It's for a an RV light that runs off of 12v It's small enough to fit in a saber. On Google, search lamp switches rotary

morpheus1977
10-09-2017, 03:04 PM
A quick google search for "latching rotary switch" turns up a few options.

The problem is with most rotary switches. You rotate the switch the same direction to turn it off or on. I am looking for something that's bi directional. I want to switch between single fire and full auto on a prop I have using a selector arm..

darkjedimaster07
10-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Sounds like a fire selector for something like an AR your best bet for something that functions in that way may be to rig a selector on the outside that closes one of two small limit switches inside the prop depending upon which way it is oriented

morpheus1977
10-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Sounds like a fire selector for something like an AR your best bet for something that functions in that way may be to rig a selector on the outside that closes one of two small limit switches inside the prop depending upon which way it is oriented

That's what I am going for.. I am using a Blaster Core V5.0 The way the Auto/Single fire works is either off or on.. (It does work with a simple latching switch). So It doesn't use two separate switches. This is for a fallout style plasma rifle so I am trying to stick with "analog" style switches..