PDA

View Full Version : To ANYONE who is trying to make a sound card/ driver

virus692
03-16-2007, 05:30 PM
http://www.expresspcb.com/ExpressPCBHtm/Free_cad_software.htm
Look at this. It is free cad software for board design. Its even proofs the design. very cool.
I am using it to learn how to make boards and wanted to share. :)

Let me know What you think.

Novastar
04-02-2007, 11:21 AM
How funny... I was using that a few months ago to start work on my NS5 driver... but I don't think I'm going to be able to go forward with it... :( D'oh.

Corbin_Das
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't think I'm going to be able to go forward with it... :( D'oh.

Bummer. I was looking forward to seeing (well, hearing) the board.

At least you saved yourself a ton of money.

Corbin

Novastar
04-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Corbin... me too... :(

I would have done it, but several things made me think twice--thrice, four times even!!

1. Four designers flaked in several ways.
2. The final guy just won't have time for many months, but is the best prospective guy for it.
3. Innovations and ideas I've had (for a year now) are already ALSO being thought of by others. This is not because I "revealed" anything, but simply because people used their brains TOO. Erv, in this case... :)
4. My fencing business has taken a very unexpected dip in enrollment, despite many improvements I made to things this past year.

All in all... we'll see what happens. But it sounds pretty grim. I'd be extremely delighted to speak with you more at C4 about this though.

Besides... perhaps I should leave the EE designs... to the designers! And stick to staged combat, fencing, and UTILIZING the props.

Hmm. Hard to say.

Corbin_Das
04-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I'll be happy to talk with you at C4. I look forward to seeing you there. I just picked up another outfit I might wear there too. It's a Snow Trooper. I might juswt wear it for the 501st group picture though, since it would look funny walking around with sabers while wearing that armor.

Corbin

Novastar
04-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Excellent! Obviously I'll see you, and probably just be in my simple Novastar stuff. :)

Although regarding driver boards--it appears Erv REALLY has a hold on things. I can only imagine what Alex will pop up with, but regardless...

...technologies ALWAYS grow. The instant you get fixed on the idea that "well, now that 'X' is out... no one could possibly make it any better"... well, suddenly here comes product 'Y'...

...as you know! :)