PDA

View Full Version : First Build Guidance Request

sevrin
08-22-2017, 12:29 PM
Hello everyone,
I am diving in over my head for sure, i have committed to creating two sabers similar to to Ahsoka’s from The Clone Wars for my 6 year old daughter's Halloween costume as well as... well, how cool is it to make a Lightsaber. As of now, I have purchased some aluminum stock for the inner core of the sabers that will give me a 1” ID at the top 4” of the saber, that will expand to 1.25 ID for the last 3 to 4” of the hilt. I have also purchased a soldering Iron and have filled my cart no fewer than 4 times here on TCSS.
I would really like to keep the mainhand no longer than 9” with the offhand at 7.5 to 8”. I would like the sabers to have sound and had planned on using Hasbro sound cards to keep the cost as low as possible. That said, I have read that these have changed a bit and I'm having a bit of trouble sifting through all the data relating to what is required to pull this off. There are so many LED options, and my brain basically exploded when I was trying to figure out what LED the Hasbro card could drive. Can any of them even fit inside a 1” Id hilt? I have seen some inexpensive kits out on ebay for the guts, but none of them are quite right (Ugly switches or galaxy soundcards) so I believe that I need to dive into this myself, but I could use some guidance from someone who has done this before.
Lastly, I need to figure out how to make a pommel, it doesn’t need to be screen accurate, but it needs to provide a nice finish as well as holes for the sound to get out.Is there a way to thread a 1.5OD/1.25ID aluminum tube for MHS compatable pommels?

Thanks for reading,

Sevrin Daniels

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-22-2017, 05:44 PM
Unfortunately, TCSS doesn't share the threading they use for their parts.

Silver Serpent
08-23-2017, 08:26 AM
The MPS Pommel 3v1 http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MPS-Pommel-style-3-v1-P502.aspx or the Pommel Style 4 http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pommel-style-4-P1071.aspx with some modified cubes might do the trick.

sevrin
08-23-2017, 09:03 AM
Thanks, thats good to know. Do you think they would modify a saber if i sent it to them?
And yes Silver serpent, those are absolutely perfect. Pommel style 4 is wicked cool.