PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with NBv4 not booting acting like battery is dead.

TuskinRaider
07-31-2017, 09:05 AM
So running into a huge problem so my saber is still being assembled I have NBv4 with a recharge port and rechargable battery I got it to the stage where the recharge port is wired up and the speaker is wired up and so I decided to go ahead and charge it to see if it would work so I charged it over night and it didn't boot up when I unplugged it no sound no nothing checked to see if I had any wires connected in the wrong place none appeared to be. I have no idea what's going on will take any help.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-31-2017, 09:20 AM
Did you put the SD card in the saber?

TuskinRaider
07-31-2017, 09:57 AM
Yeah I did still nothing I can't tell if it's a short or if it's not getting power.

rlobrecht
08-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Photos of your wiring will help.

Greenie
08-01-2017, 01:29 PM
A multimeter would be a good investment at this point. It could simply be a broken joint somewhere along the circuit.

TuskinRaider
08-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Yeah turns out the charging port broke or something caused it to not send power to the board.

Tom Tilmon
08-04-2017, 03:52 AM
If that clip breaks inside of there, it can permanently cutoff the powerline to board. You can usually tell if this has happened during the installation by plugging in a kill key. If you don't get the solid click when you plug the kill key in, you have broken the nub. I had this happen as well. Glad you got it figured out. Have you fixed it to fire up yet? If not, I hope you get that done soon, and all else is well so you can wield your weapon!

Tom