PDA

View Full Version : Deep Red + Royal Blue or red + Royal blue for the best purple

darth.maledous
07-25-2017, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone. Reaching out for some advice on how to get the best looking purple from a tri-cree and a prizm v5.0. I'm looking for a nice deep purple, so I considered DR/RB/GRN. I'd like to hear some opinions on going:
A. Dr/RB/GRN
B. R/RB/GRN
C. Dr/B/GRN

I'll be placing the order tonight. Thanks in advance.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Red/Royal Blue/Green - and then do a good job at mixing the red and blue.

darth.maledous
07-25-2017, 07:53 PM
Red/Royal Blue/Green - and then do a good job at mixing the red and blue.

Thanks FJK! I appreciate it. When you say "do a good job at mixing the red and blue" do you have any baseline settings you'd be willing to share?

Thanks again

Jenny
07-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Remember that both deep red and royal blue use some of their energy in non-visible wavelengths of light, so they won't be as bright as red / blue.

rlobrecht
07-26-2017, 09:23 AM
Do the math for your resistors, and then use RICE to tweak the color mix until you get the purple you want.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-26-2017, 11:32 AM
Remember that both deep red and royal blue use some of their energy in non-visible wavelengths of light, so they won't be as bright as red / blue.

Red and Royal Blue are the "standard" for "RGB mixing" because the normal Blue generally has a shade of Green in it.

lovetadraw
07-27-2017, 10:56 AM
I personally like Deep Red for purples, just my 2 cents.

darth.maledous
07-28-2017, 02:52 PM

Do the math for your resistors, and then use RICE to tweak the color mix until you get the purple you want.

Thanks Jenny and rlobrect.

darth.maledous
07-28-2017, 02:53 PM
I personally like Deep Red for purples, just my 2 cents.

Thanks lovetadraw. Would you mind sharing some photos of what your deep red purples look like?