PDA

View Full Version : Think I Fubar'd my saber, opinions or ideas?

darthdan
03-08-2007, 11:22 PM
This is a problem I've had with this saber for quite a while, just never posted on it for some reason. So with my Vader saber, the swing sound was severely laggging behind the motion, so I had the bright idea to just clip off the motion sensors and keep all other sound.

As most of you probably know, after a minute or so of inactivity, the MR sabers shut off.

So now my saber shuts off after a minute every time. Unless I clash it against something. Which is fine for dueling, but crappy for everything else. Is there any way to fix this aside from buying a new card?

Ryma Mara
03-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Put the sensor back in. or try a new sensor

darthdan
03-09-2007, 03:28 AM
If I still had the sensors... they got rather non functional in the extraction process

LordArgyll
03-09-2007, 06:58 AM
I don't know if the MR sabers are much different, but the clash sensor on the Hasbro board is just a conductive tube with a contact suspended on a spring inside. You could probably build one for next to nothing.

james3
03-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Or even buy one for next to nothing.

Check on a few of the electronic supply sites.

Novastar
03-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Indeed, they are basically just springs waiting to collide with another piece of metal in order to "detect" a collision. Digital motion sensing--on & off. Nothing super fancy.

I can tell you that the shock sensor has a label of "Yusan" on it. Corbin also might know more. I know that he has clash sensors-- but not motion sensors as far as I know.

vortextwist
03-09-2007, 03:32 PM
here is what was on mine

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/vortextwist/light%20saber%20pics/newlightsabers006.jpg