PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Focus v8 Direct Drive Color Profiles?

.: SparrowHawk :.
05-23-2017, 11:09 PM
Hello saber world! I come to you with a question about how the Crystal Focus v8 handles the LED behavior on color channel 2 when using resistors in pseudo-color mixing.

I am using a quad-Cree rB/rB/G/W. The rB’s will be wired in series to color channel 1. Green will be wired to color channel 2. White will be on color channel 3 for flash on clash.

My question: can I create two color profiles with this setup, so that the Green, on color channel 2, can be turned on and off by changing the drive value from 0 to 1500 (maximum) in the color profile settings in the override.txt file. For example, these proposed color profiles would be as follows:

(Color channel 1 and 2 both ON) color0=1000,1500,0,0
(Color channel 1 ON, channel 2 OFF) color1=1000,0,0,0

Is this possible? In essence, I’m wondering if the Crystal Focus v8 can handle direct drive color profiles, like the Prizm can? Will this harm the board at all? If I am correctly understanding how the built in power extenders work, color channel 2 and 3 are turned on and off by control signals sent to each power extender (like during a flash on clash event), but am I missing something here? Has anyone tried this before?

Many thanks!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Yes, it can handle it, as long as you have it properly resistored. If you are using a 7.4V source, you will likely need to use an external resistor.

05-24-2017, 09:23 PM
Thanks, FJK, that's just the confirmation I needed :) Yup, definitely going to need a few external resistors with my 7.4V pack. Now I can proceed with the build without much worry. Thanks again!