PDA

View Full Version : Random has lux sabers now...

elrond.406
03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
---::shrugs::

Ryma Mara
03-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Random has alwase has lux sabers. it was a request thing and your basicly buying corbins board and setup inside a random saber pre-assembled.

Welcome to earth how long is your stay?

elrond.406
03-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Random has alwase has lux sabers. it was a request thing and your basicly buying corbins board and setup inside a random saber pre-assembled.

Welcome to earth how long is your stay?

I meant they're like doing a direct setup with their electronics. You won't have to order the stuffs seperately. 8)

xwingband
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
For a place meant for building sabers... why should anyone here care?

RY, is just going to stock the LEDs, resistors, to make them. To quote yourself ":shrug:"

Elrond, on a personal note. Stop posting crap. If you shrugging... if you don't have anything more than 1 line to post. Don't post?

elrond.406
03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
For a place meant for building sabers... why should anyone here care?

RY, is just going to stock the LEDs, resistors, to make them. To quote yourself ":shrug:"

Elrond, on a personal note. Stop posting crap. If you shrugging... if you don't have anything more than 1 line to post. Don't post?

I just wanted to notify ppl. It was one line since it was all in the title...

987654321a
03-04-2007, 03:25 PM
well you could explain a little more about the thing more in detail.

Lord Maul
03-04-2007, 03:25 PM
elrond, to be perfectly honest, we don't care about randomsabers. this is the Custom Saber Shop, not Everyone Likes Random Sabers :roll:

elrond.406
03-04-2007, 04:42 PM
well you could explain a little more about the thing more in detail.

http://randomsabers.com/led.php ::sighs again:: :(

Obviously there was much more resistance to this thread than I had expected...

987654321a
03-04-2007, 05:13 PM
i meant YOU explain it

Corbin_Das
03-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi all
Yeah, Ryan has been making these for some time now. His decision to start stocking the parts rather than having the customer buy them (often from me, back when I was selling them) is a relatively new thing. I suppose it saves shipping costs for the customer.

Corbin

UltraSWG
03-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Interesting indeed. I wonder how long it will be until Parks starts making Luxeon sabers, too?

And on a side note, would it kill yall to be more friendly?

LordArgyll
03-05-2007, 07:11 AM
I think it might.

Firebird21
03-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I think it might.

And would that necessarily be a bad thing?

xwingband
03-05-2007, 07:38 AM
I think it might.

And would that necessarily be a bad thing?

If you were interested in having him machine one for you it doesn't change much. You'll just save a few bucks.

BUT since Ryan was already making them for an installation fee I'm pretty sure it's not going to change anyone's mind. I doubt there are hoards thinking "Sweet, I think I'll pay for him to make one for me now."

EDIT: Forgot the parks comment... he's too invested in the 3/4" neck. It will be a while before he changes. RY also has been doing installs forever... it's only a natural leap. It wasn't that long ago that he decided to stock EL parts too.

Jonitus
03-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Besides...who wants to wait 9 months for Ryan to actually get around to machine your saber and install the electronics? Not I. The guy does nice work, but no thanks.

DACOTA
03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Ive been telling people on random alot about tcss.Ry says el blades are duelable.Is that true? From what i've heard and seen they are not according to some here.

I do have one problem with ry though.

Jonitus
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
"some" EL blades aren't duelable. It depends on how they are constructed. I suppose a good strike could weaken the connection of the tiny wires to the mono plug, but it depends.

I've got one of Tim's lime EL blades and have beat the snot out of it for over a year and have not been able to break it.

Ryma Mara
03-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah EL is deffinatly duelable but like mentioned the wires are brittle and are prone to breaking. I think someone here had a problem with that not to long ago.

But yeah Ry does some awsome work but so far I have seen people waiting a year or more for a hilt and to me thats not worth it.

Corbin_Das
03-05-2007, 01:12 PM
I know a lot of people don't like waiting for custom pieces like that. I can't imagine someone being excited that they DO have to wait so long. I've been waiting a couple years for my buddy Ace to finish up my Killer Penny saber, but that's mainly because we kept upgrading the design to keep up with whatever new technology came out. I think we've got it figured out though. I'm hoping to have it by C4.

As for Ryan's sabers, it's an apples vs. oranges thing comparing CNC machined MHS sabers to hand made custom one of a kinds. That's not to say one is better than the other, they're just different. I've seen some sabers Ryan has made for people and thought they looked great. I've seen others that could only leave me wondering what the customer was thinking when they designed it.

Corbin

Ryma Mara
03-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah like the one with the piece of flatstock on it and the one that looks like a fountian.

But From looking at alot of them they all remind me of film sabers. I have seen maybe 15 of them that resemble kit fistos.

But there all nice none the less but then again there mostly from peoples imaginations.

Apples and oranges.

But iam a fan of granny smith green apples. :)

DACOTA
03-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Thats what I ment by breaking,the wires.

Barmic Rin
03-22-2007, 11:10 AM
My parks blades aren't as sturdy as my lightech ones, but park had nicer colours.

Alot of Randoms are 'inspired' by the movie ones. I personally like the Blitz (fisto style), though the obelix is kinda cool. Plain, simple, functional.

Give me royal gala apples!!!!! MMMMMMM....... juicy......

Corbin_Das
03-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi all
I don't have any Parks sabers anymore. I own a Lightech and a couple of Ryan's creations. My EL blade was made by Tim though. I love it. Eventually I'm wanting to rewire the saber with the stronger inverter we sell here. I've already got the thing. I just need to install it.

Corbin

Barmic Rin
03-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Without trying to sound to disrespectful, I wasn't too impressed with the pics of the EL's on here. (Please, don't kill me Tim!!!)

I bought my inverters from here & they're great as EL can be, but they looked too faded.

I do still love my Blue EL, so I may pick up a more powerful inverter next order.
(You'll be getting half my next bonus Tim, so get that lathe up & prepped!!!!) :wink:

Corbin_Das
03-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi Barmic Rin
We're not so thin skinned as to take offense to that comment. EL is EL. Some people like it, some don't. Pictures can be deceiving however. Most often, you'll see a picture that over exposed, making the blade look brighter than it really does in person. It's not always (or even usually) an attempt to be misleading. It's just that cameras are often better at collecting a wider spectrum of light than out own eyes are. That's all.

So the old saying "Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them" applies here . :)

That being said, the EL pics on this site are fairly well accurate to what you'd see in person. Colors like red and purple are pretty dim when compared to FX sabers or Luxeon sabers. I own a red blade myself.

So no offense taken.

Corbin

Jonitus
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
My first blade from here was red and unlike some other places, this one was truly RED!!!!11!!111!!

Now, I only build LED sabers for my customers, but that is primarily because it's what people ask for. If someone wanted to pay me $300 to build them a decked-out EL saber, I'd do it. EL still has it's benefits.

Barmic Rin
03-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Corbin man, I know you guys are all cool on here when it comes to another persons opinions, I was just mucking around!!!! I know Tim is a cool guy!

Ryma Mara
03-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I still want to get a viper defender someday and redo the guts with tims setups and double inverters. got a couple ideas about the elwire.

elrond.406
03-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi all
Yeah, Ryan has been making these for some time now. His decision to start stocking the parts rather than having the customer buy them (often from me, back when I was selling them) is a relatively new thing. I suppose it saves shipping costs for the customer.

Interesting indeed. I wonder how long it will be until Parks starts making Luxeon sabers, too?

And on a side note, would it kill yall to be more friendly?

:lol: I just reread the first page and found these...all I can say is IN YOUR FACE ryma, dm, cd, kinda xwing. I got the backing of TWO of the three lux trinity, very notable guys...guys? Umm, nvm... 8)

Lord Maul
03-23-2007, 09:42 PM
and you wonder why no one likes you :roll:

elrond.406
03-23-2007, 09:49 PM
What are you talking about? Everyone loves me!
BTW, w/o me, these forums would be pretty deadly inactive. :wink:

Firebird21
03-24-2007, 03:41 AM

Elrond, you realy don't want to open up that can of worms... :roll:

Ambo
03-24-2007, 05:48 AM

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/AmboAW/Signs/stfu2.jpg

*Edited for little eyes*

Ryma Mara
03-24-2007, 11:59 AM
*sigh*

vortextwist
03-24-2007, 02:57 PM
He needs more than a cup!!