PDA

View Full Version : NB V3 Damaged during install

SonOfRevvan
05-01-2017, 11:29 AM
My sound card was not working properly, it was cycling between hums and clashes while idling, even switching to the second font while mid-hum.

I examined the card and compared it to the image on the manual and noticed there is a raised portion that is missing. I don't know what this piece does, but it should look like a bridge between two metal plates. Would I be wiser in having it repaired or replaced?

Ty_Bomber
05-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Can we see pics of the wiring? The Nano does not have blaster block capabilities, so I am not sure why it is triggering "gun" sounds.

SonOfRevvan
05-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Autocorrect. Hums, not guns. But it does play a blaster deflection sound during one of the boot logos.

SonOfRevvan
05-01-2017, 12:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HhhEHqo.jpg

Here's a photo. Sorry for the terrible quality. Notice the two metallic squares on the upper left, and compare them to the raised boxes on the bottom right, mid right, upper right, and mid left.

jbkuma
05-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Your main problem is that your exposed wiring is way too long and you likely shorted the board. There should be only enough wire exposed to make the connection. If that wire touches anything else only bad things can happen.

The part that's missing can be replaced, but there may be some other things that are wrong. At a minimum, for your safety, you should rewire this more cleanly. It's hard to tell from the photo but it seems you have a lot of exposed wire elsewhere. That all needs to be taken care of as well. Short circuiting is what causes scary things to happen with your lithium ion battery.

SonOfRevvan
05-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Duly noted, and thank you! I will begin rewiring immediately. Any idea where i can get that replacement part? I don't even know what it's called so I can't Google it.

darth_chasm
05-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Better off sending off for repair.

SonOfRevvan
05-01-2017, 06:45 PM
To whom can I send it?

darth_chasm
05-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Message Chewbacca over at FX Sabers if you're US based. I think Erv does the repairs for outside US but I could be wrong about that.

rlobrecht
05-02-2017, 06:56 AM
Message Chewbacca over at FX Sabers if you're US based. He's Zook on here, but I don't think you have enough posts to PM.