PDA

View Full Version : FOC solution...

Chuber
03-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi... i haveve an Obi's Ep. 3 hasbro sound board... and thinking how to solve the FOC problem, this came into my mind (maybe it was post before, but couldn't find it): What if we have 2 switches. One controlling the Luxeon led on an off. And another one that controlls the whole hasbro board circuit (no need to take out the hasbro leds, only hide them into the hilt). Of course when you turn on the saber you need to push on 2 switches at the same time: 1 for the Luxeon and 1 for the sound. Same when you turn it off. But when you clash the saber, the hasbro board will make the sound (if u have turned it on before) and the luxeon will stay on (no flashing). Doesnt matter the hasbro led makes the FOC, cause you dont see it, cause its hide into the hilt (i dont think there would be a temperature problem, or will be?). The problem is to feed the 2 circuits with 1 baterry pack (i ve 4 AA). Is it possible to do this? Have anybody try this before? Comments please... Thanks. (and sorry about my english, i m from Argentina>>> i always say this :D ).

xwingband
03-03-2007, 01:51 PM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=389

Already been done. :)

Chuber
03-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok thanks... another question? How many bateries will i need for this 2 switch circuit? I think 4 AA wont be enough... Thanks

xwingband
03-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Depends. A Hasbro can run a 1W LED fine on whatever was stock for it. If you want to run a III with 4AA it really depends on the board. If it was an Obi that ran on 4.5V to begin with it should take 6V fine. The 3V ones are extremely likely to fry with 6V.

You say you have an Obi so I'd stick to the stock 4.5V and use a minimal resistor (.5-1 Ohm). If you have a 6V 4AA pack to use it should be fine too.