PDA

View Full Version : Nano trouble when smacked it

mbretoneche
04-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Hi from Lima Perú!
I have a couple of lightsabers installed with NBv3 with the following configuration:
BBW tri XPE2
18650 with Holder
Custom made chasis
2.1 port

They work well when I want to show how they work but the problem comes when I use them for combat . When the hit on the tube is more or less strong the lightsaber turns off and makes reboot.
You have more experience with this so could you tell me what to do to solve the problem?

Warm regards

Warlock
04-18-2017, 07:28 PM
Sounds to me like a loose power connection to the board. I could be wrong but I'd check your power connections, solder joints between battery, recharge port, and board.

jbkuma
04-18-2017, 11:30 PM
As Warlock said, check your solder connections. It could also happen with a bad recharge port. I had this happen with a port that had a very sensitive switch.

Greenie
04-18-2017, 11:42 PM
Could be the battery popping out of its holder, momentarily breaking the connection.

Zzan
04-19-2017, 06:22 AM
Does your custom made Chassis hold the board in the center of the MHS hilt? or is the battery underneath it making the board close to the inside of the hilt? Make sure the board and its contacts cannot make contact with the inside of the MHS hilt during vibration/dueling strikes.

Silver Serpent
04-19-2017, 08:48 AM
Greenie's reply is *usually* the culprit. If you have a removable battery in a battery holder, then a hard impact can jar the battery just enough that it loses connection briefly. You'll experience a reboot in this case.

The easiest solution is to use a permanently installed battery pack. You already have a recharge port, so you don't need to have a removable battery.

mbretoneche
04-20-2017, 08:06 PM
It's true. I use a battery holder in the circuit. I am gonna ty removing it and making my 18650 cell as a pack.
On the other hand, is it possible that the impact remove the sd card in the soundboard in some way?
I'll make the changes this weekend and then tell you about it.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Silver Serpent
04-21-2017, 05:53 AM
If you push in the SD card until it clicks in place, it should not come loose. It's *possible*, but very unlikely.