PDA

View Full Version : RvD2

jedi tom
03-03-2007, 12:07 PM
if any one has seen the first one you must see the second it is sooooo cool
in case youve never seen it than its a fan film done by ryan wieber to do for fan films competition (and it won) heres a link:

www.ryan-w.com

vortextwist
03-03-2007, 12:16 PM
yes it was pretty good.

Ryma Mara
03-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I got to thinking, they did the floor thing...lame. they did the wall thing...lame what next? wires and the ceeling?

Other then tha it was good.

vortextwist
03-03-2007, 12:44 PM
the wall part was actually the best.

Ryma Mara
03-03-2007, 01:06 PM
No when they lost both there sabers and they just kinda looked at each other then ran for them.

That was the best part.

Lord Maul
03-03-2007, 02:08 PM
the first one was better, this one seemed more cheesy :?

Ryma Mara
03-03-2007, 02:12 PM
The first one looked more fake.

vortextwist
03-03-2007, 02:13 PM
that we agree on

xwingband
03-03-2007, 02:44 PM
No when they lost both there sabers and they just kinda looked at each other then ran for them.

That was the best part.

I don't know... getting whacked in the head with a flying saber is pretty good. :lol:

vortextwist
03-03-2007, 02:59 PM
yea that was funny

Ryma Mara
03-03-2007, 05:59 PM
YEah. bu ti still love the look on there faces before they run for there hilts.

pricless

Lord Maul
03-03-2007, 07:15 PM
lightsaber:200$
cool costume: 40$
getting smacked in the face with your lightsaber: priceless
:lol:

Ambo
03-04-2007, 09:28 AM
I personally enjoy any fight where a fighter uses non-force means to counter the force....like knocking the hand down so that he missed the saber, and hence him trying to break the hilt with his face..... :lol:

Corbin_Das
03-10-2007, 11:57 PM
I liked it.
The added effects like the wall and the water weren't things they had to put in there, but I felt it broke up the repetition of the fighting a little. I didn't mind then at all.
The saber-face catch was funny, as was the running for their sabers. About the only thing I saw that could have been a "blooper" might be that I couldn't see a mark on Scott's shoulder after his wound. He used that shoulder rather well putting his glasses on after getting it hurt too.
But still, overall, I'd give it two sabers up. :D These two definitely know how to "gas it up".

Corbin

37H4N
03-13-2007, 11:21 AM
I liked the whole thing. I personaly enjoyed the hilt in the face. :lol:

Nightwing
03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
RvD2 was more realistic than the first one. If you've ever dueled with anyone, you know that you don't really get every move just right; most of it is just swinging and trying to hit someone.

The effects in the film (minus the de-limbing) were definitely the best I've seen in any fanfilm.

jedi tom
03-15-2007, 01:48 PM
i agree its alot more realistic than the last one. even if there were a couple of slips in the middle.

Angelus Lupus
03-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Given that both RvD fights are way longer than most every fight in the films I think they do well to have a good mix of classic lightsaber moves, plus enough new/different/funny stuff to keep it interesting.
I like the ammount of interaction with the environment, though I'm not sure if a saber would stick in the wall like that.

Mor-El Kesav
03-15-2007, 07:48 PM
The dueling was respectable, if you have ever dueled at that pace for 6 minutes you know how physically demanding it is. The special FX, especially given that they were done by amateurs, are very well done. Over all I think they did a great job. The even work in some comedy to the routine. I enjoyed it.

Nightwing
03-15-2007, 08:32 PM
...though I'm not sure if a saber would stick in the wall like that.When Yoda threw his saber in RotS, it stuck in that clone trooper's chest.

Corbin_Das
03-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Didn't Qui-Gon's saber stick in the door when they closed the blast doors? It shows him standing back, but you can't really see the saber at all, so it's tough to say. To me, it looks like he stepped back and left his saber stick in the door...
Then again, a few seconds later, it shows him plunge the saber back into the door, so it's hard to say.

Corbin

Ryma Mara
03-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah thats another thing when qui gon pulled his saber out of the door dosent it look like the blade should of bent or atleast when he took it out it should of scrapted accorst the door.

Corbin_Das
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Lightsaber blades wouldn't bend, if I'm reading your post correctly. You might want to put some puncuation in there if you can. Otherwise it's hard to tell when one sentence stops and another starts.
I know that during the Mustafar battle, the blades hit the wall in that doorway/corridor a little. Granted, the hits were only by the blade tips I think, so there wouldn't have been much resistance I suspect. Either way, the part in RvD2 where the blade stuck in the wall wasn't so outrageous that I have an issue with it.

Overall, I liked the film.

Corbin

gundamaniac
03-21-2007, 05:07 PM
RvD2 was really well done, especially when you consider that it wasn't professionally made.

I consider RvD to be more of a demonstration of mad-saber-clashing-skillz, and RvD2 to be more realistic and a demonstration of mad-editing-skillz.

And both succeeded admirably ::drool::

03-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Just my opinion, but I think that is the coolest lightsaber dual that I've seen yet, except for Obi vs Maul.