PDA

View Full Version : Question on a Tri Cree

Warlock
04-10-2017, 04:38 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Custom Tri Cree with Red Orange/Amber/White dies. White for FoC, and mixing the other two to try to get a deep orange. Anyone done this before? Am I over thinking this? Would it be better to use an RGB and mix the colors? If so would i just use FoC with a different resister to create a good noticeable flash?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-10-2017, 05:52 PM
What sound card are you using?

Warlock
04-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Yea that'd be helpful to know wouldn't it?

NBv3

Warlock
04-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Anyone at all?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Anyone at all?

If I get a chance, I'll see if a saber I have that has Red-Orange and Amber is set to mix those two colors together - with that said, I doubt those two colors will get you to Orange. You're also not going to be able to easily mix a RGB Tri-Cree with a NB.

Warlock
04-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Thanks. I kinna figured RGB mixing wouldn't be best. I know I could via resistors but that would be pretty much trail and error without buying a few pots.

Greenie
04-13-2017, 03:31 AM
Trial and error is fine. Buy a handful of various value resistors and experiment. They're only pennies and it's good to have spares. It's the easiest option for pseudo colour mixing with the NB.

:mrgreen:

Warlock
04-13-2017, 04:14 AM
Is it possible to get a good FoC effect with RGB as well? I've always thought FoC was best with white.

Warlock
04-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Finally found a video of someone with same LED set up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK9mWG37o_Y

:)

Greenie
04-13-2017, 12:33 PM
That's Girot, he's a member here. Maybe you could PM him for a little assistance.

Echo3
07-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Warlock,
New on the building, roll your eyes and I will continue... Ok, I am trying to mix red and royal blue with a a tri cree to make purple and I have a white for FOC. I am using a nb V4 and a 3.7 lion battery, I have hooked up the wiring as it is shown in the manual with a power extender with the red on L1 the Blue on L2 and the white on L3 all as shown. The speaker is connected and the rest is as shown in the manual. My problem is only the red lights on power up, the blue is flashing on clash and the white only lights when powering down, also the sound is very weak, low. Really confused, I think it might be a switch problem or wiring, look at the V4 manual in the store and look at the wiring diagram for the FOC and that's what I did so maybe you have some advice for me. E3

Darth Nurse
07-05-2017, 09:03 AM
My first MHS saber has RO/A for the main LED on a NB v2. The Orange color is AWESOME. I just calculated the resistors like normal and run them.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?18609-First-Build-Completed-Grey-Relic

I did use green for my FOC for a full on yellow FOC.