PDA

View Full Version : Big Question

Stickyjl
03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi, I'm new with these lightsabers and I just got my first force fx saber. It was the Obi Wan ROTS one. I was wondering if I can change the mr blade and use tims blade instead. And if I could how would I do this? Thanks.

Ryma Mara
03-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Iam not sure if a change in blades will protect the led strip, I say if your gonna go that far to dissasemble it I would wait for a conversion kit.

But if ya want to all you have to do is dissasemble it like you would a luke rotj saber, I hear its damn near identical.

So what you would do is take time blade and mark where the pin holes are after dissassemble then put the led strip back in and repin the blade back in its place and put it back togeather.

Stickyjl
03-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks Alot

vortextwist
03-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I don't think it will fit since the mr blades are just a smidgin smaller.

Ryma Mara
03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Just sand it down a smidgen.

vortextwist
03-02-2007, 08:39 PM
with all that work just to put in a thicker blade when you can convert it to led and be twice happy :D

Stickyjl
03-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I'll try that, thank you

Lord Maul
03-03-2007, 01:50 PM
first off, welcome to the forums :D

currently, ultra is the only one who has a DIY obi wan conversion kit. if you pm tim really nicely he might be able to cook something up for you, but that i don't know for sure.

also, just changing the blade won't help the leds at all. it would also be hard since the foam inside the MR blade would have to be compacted to fit inside tim's.

lastly, for disassembling the saber look here (http://p101.ezboard.com/fphineaslightsaberexchange62257frm4.showMessage?to picID=47.topic)

xwingband
03-03-2007, 01:57 PM
currently, ultra is the only one who has a DIY obi wan conversion kit. if you pm tim really nicely he might be able to cook something up for you, but that i don't know for sure.

You're not sure of anything really...

Ultra has no DIY Obi kit. He does the conversion but doesn't have a kit. Anyone of us could do what he does though. With the custom heatsink you could go ahead and convert any MR with the stock stuff.

That's not a great solution at all...

Also while the Obi is similar to the ROTJ it's not exact for disassembly.

Yeah if you want to switch out for a thicker blade "'m sure you could, but there isn't much of a point. It will still pop LEDs at some point. Wait for a conversion kit to come out.

Lord Maul
03-03-2007, 02:16 PM
oops :oops:
i was thinking of his ani kit. listen to Xwing, he knows all