PDA

View Full Version : TCSS Theme Song- NEW FOR 2017

Mi Gin Gonn
04-03-2017, 03:29 AM
The original recording of the theme song is long gone- it was recorded on reel-to-reel tape and I don't have the reels any more.

That said,

IT'S TIME TO UPDATE IT! WOO-HOO!

Now taking applications to have forum member names appear in second verse. To apply, simply reply to this thread and say something cool.

If Jedi Loreen is still active here, she gets the long-overdue first spot. As does Saber Girl.

Cheers everybody, as soon as I have enough names to fill out Verse II, will bang out new version. Have new gear and the old punk rock spark.

Greenie
04-03-2017, 03:45 AM
Mi Gin Gonn, you rock. I wanna rock with you (but not like MJ) ;)

Jay-gon Jinn
04-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Jedi-Loreen hasn't been active on the forum for a couple of years now. Haven't seen Saber Girl either, but she's been busy with their family, I'll bet.

jbkuma
04-03-2017, 02:30 PM
The first time I heard the TCSS theme song my girlfriend walked in wondering what I was listening to. When she realized what it was she said "oh my god, these really are your people." Needless to say, perhaps, I love it and I really look forward to the 2017 cut!

Mi Gin Gonn
04-04-2017, 01:22 AM
Well we're up to 3 so far. This is gonna be one short song

GregTheForce
04-04-2017, 06:33 AM
I'm new to the forums so I don't know much of the history of the forum but I often heard that the theme song is very appreciated so: make it even better ;)

darth_chasm
04-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Something cool...

eastern57
04-05-2017, 03:04 AM
Long Live #FlashlightSaberMafia

Mi Gin Gonn
04-05-2017, 04:57 AM
15237 Coming along nicely so far! We've got enough speeders and ships for the battle plan, but pilots are comin' up short.
...BREAK-BREAK...
Is XWingBand still around? Corbin_Das? Any old crew? Bueller? Bueller? Crap, my kid blew up the Deth Starr and now I gotta spin off into the vacuum of space with no brakes and no toilet in this twin ion engine prototype thing for the rest of the week.

...BREAK-BREAK...

acerocket
04-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Do I count as old crew?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Do I count as old crew?

Yeah, you do. ;)

Silver Serpent
04-05-2017, 09:38 AM
I should think so.

Onli-Won Kanomi
04-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Definitely. Madcow should count as that too imo.

Mi Gin Gonn
04-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Thanks for participating everyone! Lots of good double/triple syllable rhyming possibilities here...

There should still be plenty of lyrical room... still need a few more handles to give mentions to! So if ya wanna be in the song, just bark!

xwingband
04-12-2017, 08:11 AM
15237 Coming along nicely so far! We've got enough speeders and ships for the battle plan, but pilots are comin' up short.
...BREAK-BREAK...
Is XWingBand still around? Corbin_Das? Any old crew? Bueller? Bueller? Crap, my kid blew up the Deth Starr and now I gotta spin off into the vacuum of space with no brakes and no toilet in this twin ion engine prototype thing for the rest of the week.

...BREAK-BREAK...

Sort of... I lurk every few weeks. I had a really bad broken ankle at the start of graduate school that took me out. Grad school and now my professional life (I'm a licensed Architect now) means I can't participate like I used to.

I see Corbin and Novastar around on social media. It's a wider world now. Lots more readily available and businesses making stuff. I stick to what I find enjoyable to make for myself within my skills and tools.

Mi Gin Gonn
04-12-2017, 11:47 PM
Xwing-

Sounds like you broke your ankle around the same time I broke my brain (not on purpose, was done for me, details in the 'Guess Who's Back' thread)

Glad to hear your education in architecture is paying off! Now I gotta go put on some Mephiskapheles...

Jenny
04-13-2017, 05:27 AM
I broke my brain (not on purpose, was done for me, details in the 'Guess Who's Back' thread)

Ah, physical injury... the gift which keeps on giving!

xwingband
04-14-2017, 05:02 AM
Xwing-

Sounds like you broke your ankle around the same time I broke my brain (not on purpose, was done for me, details in the 'Guess Who's Back' thread)

Glad to hear your education in architecture is paying off! Now I gotta go put on some Mephiskapheles...

Yup, January 2010. Ridiculously cold morning for Florida (30's) I went out on my still new to me motorcycle. I lost traction on the back wheel going too hard up a hill and I ended up rubber side out before I knew it. I was actually in good shape other than my ankle. My ankle was shattered though. I was in a wheel chair for 2 months and PT for 6 before I couldn't afford it anymore. Occasionally I hobble a bit when I've been on my feet all day, but at the time I couldn't fill my obligations at school, maintain a personal life and a presence in this hobby. Easy choice and I don't care for the "social scene" of this anymore. It's moved on from a niche hobby a lot.

So like I said, I stick to what I enjoy, when I want and that is way more enjoyable.

Mi Gin Gonn
04-16-2017, 11:07 PM
Got 13 names to work with unless I missed any while compiling them. Also totally slipped my mind to ask, would everyone like the original theme song music just with new lyrics, or an entirely new tune? Can do either. Asking for input from everyone

jbkuma
04-16-2017, 11:10 PM
I love the old song, it's pretty perfect. That being said, I would never hold anyone back from letting their creative genius flow.