PDA

View Full Version : Can a TCSS Smart Charger charge 2 batteries at the same time?

Master Raa-nek Tollen
03-31-2017, 10:42 AM
Has anyone here tried charging 2 18650 batteries in parallel with a TCSS smart charger? I was considering making a custom adapter (2.1mm to 2x JST) to charge 2 batteries simultaneously, but don't want to risk burning out my (only) charger. If anyone has tried and been successful, or has any feedback on the idea otherwise, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jason

Sevinzol
04-01-2017, 01:43 AM
So you are trying to charge two Battery Packs (with chips and JST pigtails) and not bare batteries?

I don't think I'd risk it.
What if one battery tops off before the other? If you have a 'smart charger' then either it will turn off when the first battery signals its full or it will keep charging until the second battery is full. In this second case it could over charge the first battery which is very bad for Li-Ions.

jbkuma
04-01-2017, 08:41 AM
You should never use lithium batteries in parallel in any way.

NanoRex
04-01-2017, 10:48 AM
You should never use lithium batteries in parallel in any way.

Just to clarify here for anyone who might read this: You should never use lithium battery packs in parallel. Individual cells are fine to put in parallel as long as they are the same cell.

Master Raa-nek Tollen
04-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling there was no easy way to do it other than having multiple chargers, or in my case, charge them one-at-a-time.