PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Obi Sound Card

Jedibum
02-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi everybody. I'm having a little problem with an Obi-Wan sound card. The sound card is not in the hilt, it's been removed.

Basically it seems the sound card is always on. Once I plug in the batteries the sound card just instantly turns on and it won't turn off. I even took off the switch off and made sure the switch wires were not touching ... and as soon as the final AAA battery is clipped into the battery holder the sound just powers on ... I've tried using the switch once it's turned on but it does not turn off or react at all. The only thing I can do to turn it off is take out one of the batteries.

In case it matters ... the Obi sound card has 5 wires ... 2 blue for the switch ... 1 BLACK ( I have connected to the negative wire on the battery pack) ... 1 RED ( I have connected to the positive on the battery pack and to one of the wires on the speaker ) ... 1 BROWN ( I have connected to the other wire on the speaker )

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong and what I should do?

Firebird21
02-27-2007, 05:23 PM
...what I should do?

http://www.yankeetoys.org/lee/BFH9000.jpg

:mrgreen:

Are you sure there's no small piece of wire from the switch that's broken loose of the solder joint on the board? It only takes one small wire, and it's common when being man-handled from dismantling, and if both wires are next to each other...

Jedibum
02-27-2007, 05:30 PM
LOL!!! Nice hammer Firebird.

I'll try and check all the wires again. See if I missed anything. They all appear to be in pretty good shape but I'll re-check.

elrond.406
02-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey, I remember that hammer! :P

Ambo
02-28-2007, 03:13 PM
must be you weren't hit hard enough by it then......

Chuber
03-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi... I have a different problem with Obi's card. Mine doesnt play any sound at all. I m from Argentina and have bought this from Canada. I think everything is connected, but no sound is played. I have the vibration and the led on (wit the FOC), but no sound. What could be the problem? Thanks...

Ryma Mara
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
As far as I know MR boards dont have flash on clash

Jay-gon Jinn
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
I think he has the Hasbro Obi-wan ep.III sound obard, not the MR.

Chuber
03-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Yes i have the Obi's Ep. 3 Hasbro sound board. I think the problem is in the speaker. Can anyone show me a picture of a working speaker... cause i need to see the soldering. It has 2 wires, but i think each one has to be solder into two diferents places each. (Sorry about my english, I m from Argentina).
Thanks guys...