PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Chamber Color Balance

jsummit
03-22-2017, 07:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

I build my sabers on a budget, so I like to use the PRIZM V4 card. This being the case, I'm running into a color balance issue between the blade color and the crystal chamber color. Again, being on a budget, I opted out on using the color extender as well. I tack on the RGB LED wires for the crystal chamber to the blade LED pads. So far, swapping wires has allowed for better color matching results, but is there a way to balance things out better with resistors? I use a RRGRb quad-pod LED star for my blade so the red is the dominant color in the mix. Since I only have 1 red die in my crystal LED, should I add resistors to just the green and blue and not to the red? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-22-2017, 07:58 AM
You won't be able to get an exact match because you're using the Quad, and even then, there is still likely to be a little variation in the colors. Also Color Extenders are not designed to be used with Prizm boards. Not using a resistor on your Red accent LED will likely just blow that LED. "Low budget" typically means you're going to have to live with the results.

jsummit
03-22-2017, 08:05 AM
No worries, they mostly match up and still look really cool! May be using a higher resistor on the Blue & Green and a lower one on the Red?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-22-2017, 08:43 AM
No worries, they mostly match up and still look really cool! May be using a higher resistor on the Blue & Green and a lower one on the Red?

Red LEDs tend to pop pretty easily, so proceed at your own risk.

jsummit
03-22-2017, 08:47 AM
Hmmm. May just stick with what I got then.