PDA

View Full Version : red k2 ?

fawnheart2000
02-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Do they make a red k2 high current led?
I would like to use the mace MR board to run my new saber, but make it so I can use the quick change system to switch colors.
Or would it be possible to place a quick connector on the inputs to the relay (from the MR board) to power just the 3watt red and have the relay power the K2's (royal blue and green) when they are connected.

I don't know did any of that make sense?

xwingband
02-27-2007, 11:54 AM
There is no high current Red K2.

You are not going to use them in that way anyway. If you use the relay idea you'll be stuck with that particular color line. The Reds have a different voltage and thus you'd have bad mojo trying to swap those.

If you want to swap colors in a conversion (I classify anything MR run as a conversion) it's best to stick with the III's.

jjshumpert
02-27-2007, 02:34 PM
i have found that the k2 royal blue will run brighter than a lux III royal blue on the mr boards with the standard conversion wiring. ive taken 2 ani rots sabers and loaded one with a k2 and the other with a 3w and i can tell a difference. we have already shown that you can run the k2's without any problems on the mr boards, i would say go ahead with your quick change idea, just nix the relay. take my word for it, you wont be dissapointed!

fawnheart2000
02-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Sorry, I may not have been clear on my second point. There would be two quick connects one on the output of the relay for the K2's and one on the input of the relay for the red lux III. When activated the relay would come on but nothing would be on it's outputs if you put the red luxIII in on the connector before the relay. Then if you want to put a K2 in, make sure you put it on the connector from the relays outputs.
This would only work if the relay is not damaged by not have anything connected to the outputs, and would require you to label the two connectors.
Let me know what you guys think, will it work?

jjshumpert
02-27-2007, 06:21 PM
what im saying is you dont need the relay to get a higher output from the k2, wire your module like the tutorial shows for any mr conversion, add a quick disconect, and call it good. i can tell you from experience that a blue k2 is brighter than a blue lux 3 with both wired on identical setups

Lord Maul
02-27-2007, 07:02 PM
JJ is right.
we had a discussion about this a while back. a k2 will be brighter than a 3 watt, when they are both run with the same power. a 5 watter will be brighter than both

xwingband
02-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Well, if you want to max the bugger the rely should be used... whether it's worth it is up to debate.

Fawnheart, what you describe will be fine though.

fawnheart2000
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Ok, Thank you all for the input. I'll be doing this conversion soon so I'll put up pics when I can.