PDA

View Full Version : Obi Wan FX sound board

Artifical_Lynx
02-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Is it possible to swap out the Obi wan FX sound board and replace it with the Anakin's sound board? If so is there a tutorial on taking apart a Obi Wan FX lightsaber.

Madcow
02-26-2007, 10:01 PM
From what I know - yes it should work fine.

My question... why?

What are you doing with the old board?

MC

Artifical_Lynx
02-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Well it's just because I like how the Anakin is more aggresive than the Obi Wan and I want my obi wan to be just as aggressive as the anakin. Plus I don't like how the obi wan sounds when it retracts. I have a Anakin Sound board that someone gave to me so I was wondering if it's a possibility.

Lord Maul
02-26-2007, 10:10 PM
it should work. i would guess that the obi disassembles just like the luke rotj.

take off the fancy switch box cover, take apart the switch box, and then use a strap wrench to unscrew the emitter

Artifical_Lynx
02-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Is there a tutorial that someone made here or somewhere else I can look up to see how to take it apart. I've been looking everywhere on the net and can't seem to find anything on how to take the sucker apart.

Lord Maul
02-26-2007, 10:13 PM
there is a luke tutorial here (http://p101.ezboard.com/fphineaslightsaberexchange62257frm4.showMessage?to picID=47.topic)

the luke should be very similar

Artifical_Lynx
02-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Well I think I'll give it a try but I don't want to ruin my saber so I'll just have to take it one step at a time. The only thing that worries me the most is the switch board everything else looks like cake.

Lord Maul
02-26-2007, 11:07 PM
what switch board?
do you mean switching the ani and obi blade or dealing with the switch?

SilentBob501
02-27-2007, 12:21 AM
WHat are you gonna do with the old Obi sound board? I'll take it ;)

Artifical_Lynx
02-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Heh, Success it was so easy taking apart that Obi Wan, it took about 30 mins since I was really careful not to mess up anything, but everything turned out great. The only thing different I did was cut the wires to the switch and turned the nob that holds the blade and it's just like taking apart the Luke ROTJ. Now for the Sound board all I did was with the Anakin and Obi wan adapter was I did some sawing with a kitchen knife funny heh. The Obi Wan was a bit hard since it is connected to the LED strip which also had more pins so like I said the sawing worked and I got to the sound board for the Obi Wan removed it and replaced it with the Anakin Sound Board, now you might want to super glue or tape back up the adapter after wards and just start the process of puting it all back together. Then when you turn on your Obi Wan it sounds just like the anakin, a tad or a millimeter lower not that much but now you have yourself a very aggresive Obi Wan. Here are the pictures of the sound boards. Have fun :D

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/Foreverzero93/ObiWanSoundBoard.jpg
Obi Wan Sound Board

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/Foreverzero93/AnakinSoundBoard.jpg
Anakin Sound Board

Artifical_Lynx
02-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Naw it's ok I have plans for that sound board in the future. I am thinking about doing the same thing with my Luke ROTJ and replacing the sound board with my mace windu. :twisted: Well I think it's cool.

xwingband
02-27-2007, 05:13 AM
I don't understand why you'd replace them... any differences you are hearing are due the battery pack. They are the same board, the wiring is identical.

Artifical_Lynx
02-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Yep I thought to give it a try just because, they are identical to each other so there really isn't a difference in the sound board look except the color but it's cool just to try it like I said. But my obi wan now sounds louder then it did before so it's different. Also with the Luke ROTJ and the Mace Windu Sound boards they look excaulty the same too and there isn't any difference in sound. when it comes down to it, I thought it was really cool just to take apart my Obi wan since not too many people have done it yet.

Ryma Mara
02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
My guess is that they sound different cause the sound is resinating off the length of the battery pack.

or the board on a different speaker would make it sound different.

Did MR just not pay attention when they did there speakers?

Artifical_Lynx
02-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Maybe I should get a corbin driver and replace it with the MR Sound board then :D

Lord Maul
02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
but then you will lose sound :wink:
that is of course unless you take out all the MR stuff and have your own battery pack and everything