PDA

View Full Version : MR Vader Conversions - Red Blade Question

Darth Jal
03-12-2017, 06:39 AM
Hi guys!

Newbie here, doing my ESB 2005 MR Removable blade conversion. I had a couple of silly questions for the experts.

What is the best blade (for accuracy and convenience / look):

1. Length
2. Style
3. Custom items (wrapping, day blade, effect, etc...)
4. I assume it is a 1" OD?

Thanks so much for the help. It is greatly appreciated. This is my first Saber conversion, so I wanted to be sure I got it right.

Jon

NaasadTal
03-13-2017, 11:59 PM
That is a lot of personal choice:

- Blade length will depend on your height...hold your hilt at rest & measure from there to the ground
- Style is also a personal choice, albeit a limited one...you really only have the rounded tip & the bullet tip as options (I prefer the bullet tip)
- Not sure what you mean by wrapping, but as far as effect (shimmer, flicker, etc.) that is controlled & depends on your soundboard
- I have both a white blade & a day blade & which I use depends on where & when Im using it...I usually use my day blade when I'm at a costume event
out in bright light, the white balde is used indoors & at night
- 1" diameter blades are the standard & are much easier to find/use than others

Hopefully this helps in your decision & I wish you luck in choosing the right blade for your build!

GregTheForce
03-14-2017, 08:15 AM
I think with wrapping, you mean the diffuser in the blade... As you are using a red led (nothing else would make sence) I would not recommend the white blade as it washes out warm colours. For my saber build I am using 34 inches of the clear blade and the quad wrapped film from the store basically cellophane.

Darth Jal
03-19-2017, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys! any recommendation as to the right kind of red "day blade"?

NaasadTal
03-19-2017, 03:33 PM
I have the heavy duty red day blade that TCSS sells & it is awesome! Highly recommend it

Darth Jal
03-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Thank you Naasad! Very much appreciated!