PDA

View Full Version : First try, need advice

Shiney
02-23-2007, 11:43 PM
now, this isn't by any means an expert work, but I was thinking of using the luke MR module, in an MHS builder saber, with an amber LED. That in mind, since I've never wired before, I've made an EXTREMELY crude representation in paint, and I'm wondering if this could somehow work?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/AIVAS/generalapproximation.jpg

Firstly, yes, I'm aware I mistpelled with, as wish.

My problems are, how can I achieve that wiring with the speaker and the LED, while making sure they're both securely in place?

Also, how could I achieve making the board, as well as the battery pack secure so it isn't rattling around in there?

xwingband
02-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Yup, that's a good layout. It should be easily achievable.

There are tons of options for making the stuff not rattling. The simplest would be tape that sucker up! That's something you should consider anyway.

One thing I consider over the top but great is what Erv does. A sinktube when fully cut likes to expand. He put a shelf on one to mount the board. Then when he slides it in the tube likes to grab the walls.

I guess others can throw in some of theirs. PVC, etc... there are tons.

Shiney
02-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Yup, that's a good layout. It should be easily achievable.

There are tons of options for making the stuff not rattling. The simplest would be tape that sucker up! That's something you should consider anyway.

One thing I consider over the top but great is what Erv does. A sinktube when fully cut likes to expand. He put a shelf on one to mount the board. Then when he slides it in the tube likes to grab the walls.

I guess others can throw in some of theirs. PVC, etc... there are tons.

Okay, so just use... Tape to attach it to the wall? I've never tried anything like that before, but I'm pretty sure I could figure it out.

Also, as I've NEVER done any wiring, how does that work getting it past the speaker to the LED?

xwingband
02-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Not taping it to the wall really. I'd roll the tape around it until it was slightly under the inner diameter of the MHS.

For the speaker you'll have to take the speaker out of the part it comes in. From there it should be intuitive. You could notch the stuff on the side to let the wires by. Or what I'd look at it fender washers. You can pick one up for like a quarter at a hardware store. I think it's the 1 3/8" or 1 1/2" size that will sit in the gap between the grips and the center. It'll have a hole to put wires through yet you could use double sided tape to hold the speaker down too.