PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Knight Sabers. Any of y'all tried doin it with MHS?

Barmic Rin
02-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Ok, here goes.

Has anybody tried to make an Imperial Knight (legacy comics) lightsaber using Tims MHS parts?
Have a rough idea how to do it, but was quoted £60 (about $110) for some custom lathe work on one of my hilts, so I don't want to imagine how much it would cost to get the grip for imp knight done.

I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE TO BUILD FOR ME, JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE IS GONNA ATTEMPT IT AT ALL.[u]
I don't want to start any arguments at all, just curious to see peoples interpretations of a cool looking hilt
I'd eventually like to give it a go myself once I get a lathe, but if anyone with more experience could see if it was possible, i'm sure others in here would appreciate their input.

xwingband
02-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Well, what does it look like?

Barmic Rin
02-23-2007, 10:37 AM
it's very qui-gon with the grip, flagshipeclipse.com have decent pics on their forums.

pretty plain and simple, yet elegant.
Nocturne armory have made them for people, but I figured that with simply-laid out instructions I could build my own. That is, after all, why we're on here and why we gladly throw our money in Tims direction (keep up the good work Tim!!).
I'm sure i'm not the only one who wants this added to their collection.

xwingband
02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Pictures are worth 1000 words... I was hoping you'd post a pic so I didn't have to look for it.

Whatever...

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/f/fb/Imperial_Knight_lightsaber.jpg/800px-Imperial_Knight_lightsaber.jpg

Seems easy enough. A custom ribbed main section and extension, then a simple sinktube overlay.

Barmic Rin
02-24-2007, 07:31 AM
Sorry I couldn't post pics, am using pc at work until my home connection is back up!

There is a bit more detail to other pics, that one is a very basic shot. (consult comics for reference).
The only real trouble is the button being so far up near the emitter, was thinking about having a hidden switch in the grips, maybe a slide one.

It also looks as if Jan Duursema (the artist who designed the hilt) has improved on the pommel abit since the initial drawing in subsequent issues it has the belt loop on a smaller loop at the very end of the pommel.

I realise it is possible to make this, but do you think it could be done using MHS?
Think Tim would consider making a main section 'inspired' by such as saber?

Lord Maul
02-24-2007, 10:52 AM
that would be a piece of cake to do. you just have emitter 2, custom ribbed section, and then a custom pommel. then you just put on a overlay for the vaderish shroud and the rest of the body.

Dalesabers
03-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Actually the best way to do the imperial knight saber would be to use hilt 2, blade holder 2, and then take a piece of tubing cut the section off of that and then set it all in. As for the pommel use a regular flat pommel that Tim used to sell.

Ryma Mara
04-05-2007, 11:51 PM
I found one someone made. maybe contact them for dimentions and such.

http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=9853

Barmic Rin
04-06-2007, 01:21 AM
It's cool, I got a professional doing one for me!
ATM I don't have the means or skill to make one myself, so he's doing it for me. (plus I wanted an excuse to own one of his sabers!)

I've asked him to base it on the one they have one here http://nocturnearmory.com/collection/collectionsabers/saberJ.html

Will post pics when it arrives. Unless he posts them first!!!