PDA

View Full Version : Nano Biscotte Wiring Impass

Pekatherosh
02-20-2017, 04:23 PM
I've recently been working on a custom saber with sound and used the V3 nano biscotte for sound. After checking all the wiring and soldering it, I've discovered that the switch does not activate the saber and there seems to be a constant static from the speakers. I have tested both the LED and the momentary switch and know that both work. I feel my problem may be somewhere in the wiring. Could someone help me find where the problem may lie?

From left to right the wiring is:
-Black (speaker)
-White (speaker)
-Orange (switch)
-empty
-Yellow (LED negative)
-Blue/Black (switch/battery negative)
-Red/Red (battery and LED positive)

rlobrecht
02-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Do you have the pads bridged between the yellow (LED negative) and your unused FOC pad? It looks a little burned to me. You also have a lot of wire showing at each pad. Could it be shorting somewhere?

Whosle
02-21-2017, 09:10 AM
I'm only a noob, but the exposed wires are not good. shrink wrap them or at least put an electrical tape bandaid on it. Exposed wires is how folks blow up speakers and stereo systems.

I would say that the red positives on the right are probably shorting out on your rails. I've put shrink wrap sleeves on rails before. (don't shrink em, slide on/off).

Pekatherosh
02-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Rlobrecht, could you explain why it would be shorting? I made use there was no solder connecting the pads, however that wire was a little difficult to solder on. Otherwise I have attempted to test it with the chassis out of the hilt to ensure no kinks or shorting was happening and nothing would activate.

Whosle, thanks for the suggestion. I had to resolder the red and forgot to attach shrink wrap to it. As for the rails shorting the circuit, I have tested it with the chassis out of the hilt and ensured nothing was touching before attempting activation. Still no results.

rlobrecht
02-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Shorting is unintended metal on metal contact. The picture isn't really big enough to be sure (at least not for my old eyes).

darkjedimaster07
02-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Zooming in on the picture on my phone I'm almost certain I see a bridge between your LED negative and your empty FOC pad

Pekatherosh
02-22-2017, 03:03 PM
Is there any way to remedy a bridge or does the soundboard now qualify as scrap?

darkjedimaster07
02-22-2017, 04:56 PM
Yes there is a remedy you can either use desoldering braid to remove the excess solder heat the solder till it melts with your soldering iron and use the braid to soak it up or it could even be as simple as lightly running the hot tip of your soldering iron between the two pads to break the bridge and remove some of the excess solder