PDA

View Full Version : stupid things that have happened to you

Orgazmo1109
02-22-2007, 08:23 PM
The tutorial shows a top view. is this right?
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/3939/1n072212225hm8.jpg

Orgazmo1109
02-22-2007, 08:27 PM
no wait i have the top part upside down. it doesnt fit that way cause the little piece needs to be grinded down a bit o fit in the slot.

Ryma Mara
02-22-2007, 08:28 PM
yep turn it around and your good to go.

Orgazmo1109
02-22-2007, 08:33 PM
almost, had to order more parts cause someone told me everything i needed is in the electronics kit. The LED holder isnt. CRAP! shipping is killing me.

Firebird21
02-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Are you talking about the heat sink? Because that's ether sold separate or included with the emitter.

Did you get an emitter/blade holder?

elrond.406
02-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Are you talking about the heat sink? Because that's ether sold separate or included with the emitter.

Did you get an emitter/blade holder?

READ CAREFULLY:

almost, had to order more parts cause someone told me everything i needed is in the electronics kit. The LED holder isnt. CRAP! shipping is killing me.

:roll:

Firebird21
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
READ CAREFULLY:

Exactly...

"Almost (comma) had to order more parts"

Does not say the same thing as

"Almost had to order more parts"

As it is written he's saying that it's almost done, but he had to order more parts.

So watch where you roll those eyes…

Orgazmo1109
02-22-2007, 09:03 PM
^ exactly. someone told me all i needed was the electronics kit and i was set. NOPE. yeah i still need the heatsink. i have a blade holder i made but i want my first saber to be sturdy so i ordered the heatsink with blade holder and a MHS sink tube convertor thing. I was so hoping to get this thing going tomorrow. oh well wednesday hopefully.

elrond.406
02-22-2007, 09:04 PM
READ CAREFULLY:

Exactly...

As it is written he's saying that it's almost done, but he had to order more parts.

everything i needed is in the electronics kit. The LED holder isnt.

darthdan
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
READ CAREFULLY:

Exactly...

everything i needed is in the electronics kit. The LED holder isnt.

What? Everyone else was quoting...http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/huskerbrewdad/Smilies/whistling.gif

Firebird21
02-23-2007, 07:03 AM
bla bla bla bla bla...

Are you still arguing the point when the person who said it already proved you wrong? :shock:

Well DD, I'm sorry for any confusion. I think what may have happened was that it's so common for someone to get a blade holder of some kind when ordering from Tim that it was taken for granted that you were getting the heatsink too.

Oh well... Live and learn... I know next time I'm going to be more specific.

And good luck on the saber! :D

Orgazmo1109
02-23-2007, 12:01 PM
thanks. hoping to have it going by wednesday. ill besure and post pics.

Firebird21
02-23-2007, 01:41 PM
ill besure and post pics.

You better...http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_firedevil.gif

:mrgreen:

Orgazmo1109
02-26-2007, 02:28 PM
holy cow that LED is bright! wowweeeee!!

987654321a
02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
hehehe thats what i said but when i was blinded for like 10 seconds lol with 3 luxeon 3w and 2 luxeon 5w on at the same time. yea not a really pretty site.

Lord Maul
02-26-2007, 05:02 PM
try being deaf for 5 minutes CD

my brothers and i were making a pop-it bomb with like 14 boxes of them.
on the 13th box the whole thing blew up in out faces :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jedi-Loreen
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
You two deserved it, because you were both doing stupid things. :?

Try being both blind and deaf temporarily, because a lightning bolt hits a pipe sticking out of the ground six feet in front of you when you are at summer camp at the age of 11. :shock:

Ryma Mara
03-05-2007, 04:29 PM
ME and a friend of mine were tryign to get his riding lawnmower running after some stupid .... Anyway, this person put diesel fuel in the tank instead of gasoline.

So after draining the tank and letting it dry out for days we decided to refill it with fresh gas and attempted to "Burn" the diesel fuel out just by trying to start the thing. Well after many pulls on the thing. My friends dog is just sitting there looking at us like "WTF".

WEll the tail pipe on the motor was jerry riged and was facing forward for some reasion. Well it was in teh path of the dogs direction and the started but motor backfired with such force you could feel in in the gravel we were standing on.

The dog was so scared he ran straight to the house and nearly knocked over my friends mom cause she thought she heard a gunshot go off.Up entill that point I have never seen this dog run or even go faster than a lazy stroll. thoes of you with non active golden retreavers that are fat know this.

I was scared as hell at that shock my vision blured for a few seconds.

My friend was sitting on the rider he nearly lost his bowels.

Now that was scarry

Lord Maul
03-05-2007, 06:17 PM
:lol:
funny in a not so funny way :?
this thread should be renamed "stupid things that have happened to you" or something like that

Angelus Lupus
03-05-2007, 06:58 PM
In that spirit I offer: getting hit by a car while rushing across the road to get a bus

Lord Maul
03-05-2007, 07:02 PM
running into a car going 25mph on a bike. missed the back wheel by about a foot. my entire left leg was a bruise but other than that no injuries :shock:

Ryma Mara
03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
I ran into a parked car on my bike once.I was on a hill (the steapest on in town), tryed to turn and a car was stopted at the sign. FAce slide accrost the hood.

So you could say I took it in the face.

Darth Morbius
08-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Old thread, I know, but this deserves a stupid stamp:

I was just testing a Lux V by direct drive (6.8v) through my dc circuit test box.

I placed the leads on the LED, it came on... then went out...

I looked at the display on my power source screen, and it was reading:

OUTPUT: 16.8V DC

I KNOW that I had it set on 6.8V...Must have bumped the "1" when entering voltage.

Just tried again with the correct setting (had to be sure), and the LED will not fire...

HERE'S MY SIGN... :oops:

Firebird21
08-15-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_doh.gif http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_banghead.gif

Darth Morbius
08-15-2007, 04:11 PM
That is exactly how I felt!

Weird thing is, I got it to fire again, then tried a third time and it wouldn't fire. Let it set for a bit, and tried yet again and it fired for a second then went out.

I definitely did some strange damage to it. :roll: :?:

ti-el_terall
08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Its still not working, eh? :) how long was the LED being powered for?