PDA

View Full Version : Not understanding Pico Crumble color profiles

jdubzw
02-14-2017, 08:18 PM
Hey all,

Brand new to saber building and I'm just in the phase of determining which parts to get. I'm kind of partial to trying a Pico Crumble build because it's a little less expensive and still has some of the features I want.

I've read the manual 5 or 6 times and I still don't quite get the color profiles portion of it. I can see there are 3 LED pads, based on what I'm reading are for the RGB channels, but I can't quite make out exactly how you're wiring what to do what. Is it starting from the top has to be R, then down one is G, then down another is B? And if you mess up the order is it incapable of rendering the correct color?

As a side question: Is it possible to just do like a Blue/Blue/White?? And if so, do you just kind of put them on whatever pads you want and the PC just makes it work?

Thanks in advance!

jbkuma
02-14-2017, 09:24 PM
You can use whatever LED you want to it. The default is to cycle full power combinations of the pads, so it really doesn't matter what LED is tied to which pad unless you adjust the drive setting for some reason.

jdubzw
02-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Great thanks for the quick reply!

jbkuma
02-15-2017, 11:12 AM
That being said, a quick reference to the manual shows red, blue, and green lines in the diagram. It isn't necessary to follow it, but it is there.

jdubzw
02-15-2017, 12:40 PM
I saw that they had colored the wires in the diagram, but nothing on the board that I could see indicating that each channel had a specific pad allocated to that color. I've seen other people's wiring configurations not follow that pattern, so I couldn't tell if they were just doing it wrong if it didn't really matter.