PDA

View Full Version : Font loading for nano biscottie

Avalorn
02-12-2017, 12:40 AM
How do you load more fonts onto a nano biscotti?

Greenie
02-12-2017, 06:35 AM
Make two copies of the original files, one for back up and one for editing. Overwrite new fonts into bank 1 and 2 of the editing file. Fully format the micro sd card then copy the editing file to the card. Drag and drop works for me but some say copy and paste only.
Hope this helps, if not, there's instruction in the NB's manual.

Greenie :mrgreen:

Avalorn
02-12-2017, 07:21 AM
OK thank you, I'm still new to this and I'm working on my first custom build. I'm trying to gather as much info as possible.
How many fonts can you have on one nano biscotti?

Greenie
02-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Two only. You can, however, buy more micro sd cards and copy your editing file on to them with new fonts as before.

jbkuma
02-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Use this tool to format. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

It will bring you far greater joy than using your OS standard formatting which is intended for hard drives, and it is much faster.

baldthumbtack
02-20-2017, 10:06 AM
I've also found that my NBv3 will have trouble with certain sound files if they're over 1MB in size. The largest file you'll likely have is the idle hum sound. Try to keep that under 1MB if it isn't already, otherwise the sounds may just not play.

T.Martin
03-11-2017, 04:50 PM
I have had some issues with trying to get new fonts on my SD card. I did as a few tutorials said and followed the manual as best I could, but the new fonts weren't transferring. The new fonts have multiple boot sounds and clashes and swings. Do I need to delete all but 1 boot and 1 power on and such? Also, since I was having problems and I went and reloaded the original files to the SD card, it worked again. Not sure why it isn't letting me put in new ones. Any advise?

jbkuma
03-11-2017, 10:16 PM
If the files are properly named and placed in the proper folders then any extra files would simply be ignored, but it must have the proper config files and the font must have the sounds required or the board. If the config files or sound files are missing then it won't work.