PDA

View Full Version : Leds Stopped During Diffusion Foam

JakeBJJ
02-04-2017, 05:41 PM
So I was watching a Hampton video showing how to put foam around the leds. Everything is ready, I started getting the foam around the leds and it was a giant pain. I must have a thicker foam because it would not roll without fighting me.

Anyway I started getting the leds put down the tube and I admittedly got pissed and forced it at one point when it was only a qourtar of the way in. Now the string won't work at all. Resistor is still on, I checked the connections and they will not turn on :/

Silver Serpent
02-04-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm gonna speculate that you broke a connection somewhere along the LED chain. You've likely got a bit of work tracking that down.

JakeBJJ
02-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Wouldn't the base of the leds be lit up though?

Silver Serpent
02-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on how you wired it, and where the connection broke. It's also possible you broke multiple connections, so don't get discouraged.

JakeBJJ
02-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on how you wired it, and where the connection broke. It's also possible you broke multiple connections, so don't get discouraged.

Only a bit and ya I was so close I got impatient lol. I'll keep alining solder to see if I can get it going again. Otherwise time to order new leds

JakeBJJ
02-04-2017, 09:01 PM

Figured it out.

When I was using flux paste near the resistor it must have flowed into the resistor shorting it out. I looked am saw that it was wet from it. So I quickly hooked up the leds without the resistor (as in for half a second so they didn't blow) and they lit up.