PDA

View Full Version : NB v3 Sound Board is it fired, are the speakers fired, or am i soldering it wrong?

RogueSyProject
02-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Good afternoon All who see this thread!

I am new here but, I think I have a good idea of how to do my installs now with out asking to many install questions mainly the only one being could I use a 1.2 ohm 2 watt resistor from somewhere else since TCSS versions where out of stock. I digress, so the install went extremely well OUTSIDE of the saber... But, once I put everything inside of the saber and wired it up the dammed speaker sounded extremely low. I could hear it but alas the boot sounds and hums where super low. Please could someone tell me if I fired the board, the speaker, or if I soldered it wrong possibly. When I get home from work I will post the best photos I can. By the way the speaker points are somewhat burning hot when the kill key is removed if that helps in the mean time.

R/S
Padawan RogueSyProject

darth_chasm
02-03-2017, 01:49 PM
As our little green friend would say: Pics, we need. Impossible to see, the problem is.

Silver Serpent
02-03-2017, 01:53 PM
If the speaker pads are getting hot when you remove the kill key, it's very likely you have a short somewhere. Is the board electrically isolated from the hilt?

RogueSyProject
02-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Gentlemen I have come to find the it may very well be the board that is fired! I unsoldered the one NB and replaced it with a another forgetting about the pictures. Well the new board works and literally had to cram foo crap out of the shapeways chassis and speaker to install electronics into my saber that came from "they who shall not be named." I am not taking this saber apart again! My first recharge, illum av, tri cree, FoC, NB install!!!! And I only partially killed one NB... Could I be put in contact with zoom so I did completely waste your two's time? Lol sorry..

Jay-gon Jinn
02-04-2017, 05:49 AM
Zook is the forum member you're looking for. If you have an account at fx-sabers, he goes by CHEWBACCA there, and may respond sooner than there than here.