PDA

View Full Version : competition:who has the best FX, EL or custom saber

kinchar bamin
02-21-2007, 11:51 AM
this is a competition to see who has the best starwars lightsaber collection Prize:Pride. may the force be with you!

Ryma Mara
02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I have a bad feeling about this.

Nightwing
02-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Oh! I've got a better idea!
Let's see who can come up with the worst idea ever for a contest! Oh, darn, Kinchar's already got this one down.

Seriously, though. A contest with no prize and no way to judge?
We can just look through the "Share pictures of your sabers here" thread and decide for ourselves.

Angelus Lupus
02-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm just wondering why he's taken the name of someone else. He's certainly not the Kin-char Barmin from here (http://kincharbamin.com/index.html)

kinchar bamin
02-21-2007, 01:22 PM
kin char bamin is my Jedi hero. thats why I used his name but I made it different by adding only one space. 10 year old boys are allowed 2 have heros, Arent they? :(

Angelus Lupus
02-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Ah, I see. :)
Fair enough, nice to see someone else from the UK

Marsupial
02-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Mine.

Seriously, what's the point of that kind of competition - everyone's favourite saber will win in everyone's mind.

[edit - removed part of my post in accordance with a PM resolution]

Ryma Mara
02-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Isent there an age requirement to be on the internet?

Like parents permission?

vortextwist
02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
he's 10. maybe not the best topic thread, but he's 10.

kinchar bamin
02-21-2007, 02:30 PM
there are guys who are 11 on these forums and wat do u mean by parents permission? :?: :?: :?: :?

Firebird21
02-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Edit: Issue was resolved in PMs.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

kinchar bamin
02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
thanks fire bird, but I think that this subject is going way off of topic and everyone is fighting and i just wanted to make this a fun post. i hope that my next subject "101 USES FOR A DEAD EWOK" will be better :)

Lord Maul
02-21-2007, 03:43 PM
EDIT---
matter resolved
sorry for anyone who had to read that

kinchar bamin
02-21-2007, 03:46 PM
:D jst gettin my posts amount up... finally a group of people who arent being so negative against me! :D

Lord Maul
02-21-2007, 03:55 PM
FYI: we hate postwhores so don't be one :wink:
if you do, then we'll have to bring out the old http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_flamedude.gif which is very painful :twisted:

Firebird21
02-21-2007, 04:05 PM
if you do, then we'll have to bring out the old http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_flamedude.gif which is very painful :twisted:

You would know... :twisted:

kinchar, Do you mean the best saber period? If so my vote right now would likely go to xwing's clear saber.

So that is my first nomination... xwing's Clear Saber.

Lord Maul
02-21-2007, 04:08 PM
i forget who made it, but the one with the el wire between the grip plates was totally sweet. i think it might of been jedi ranger
and xwings clear saber would also be a nomination from me (i agree with FB)

and firebird, yes, i would know about flaming :?

xwingband
02-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't think a best can ever be named. I don't even consider my own sabers to be the "best"

You must remember that I wasn't even the first to make a PolyC saber. Corbin did one years ago.

Also announcing my presence in the thread. As lame and as pointless as it may be flames should be avoided.

Lord Maul
02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
X, ya know i was kidding :roll:
he still does have a couple lives yet before we pull out the old flamethrower :twisted:

elrond.406
02-21-2007, 06:00 PM

...yes it is... :cry: :oops: :cry:

Marsupial
02-21-2007, 10:12 PM
If I was to name a single best home made custom saber (without it being mine), it would have to be corbin's original brass saber with the melted down fluted section... "Malius"

its one of the rare custom saber that I'd like to own besides mines... and I am being serious. not that I dislike all your sabers, but I simply prefer the ones I made. (well, except my brass saber, but I'm reworking it out)
Let say I wouldn't pay for most custom sabers I have seen since I am in this hobby - and I've seen quite a few.

Now, if we'd have to vote on our favourite saber from the canon universe, I'd choose Obi-Wan TPM saber from the movies, or one of the sabers of Mara Jade for the expanded universe
(this particular one http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/MaraEHSM.jpg )

987654321a
02-21-2007, 10:55 PM
i think that all sabers are the best, meaning that no matter how simple some may be all of them are still unique and cannot be picked out as the best. now if you were talking about for example, the best vader ANH replica now that was something cool to talk about but not the best saber as there are too many different combos that were made to determin the best saber.

Jedi Ranger
02-22-2007, 05:27 AM
i forget who made it, but the one with the el wire between the grip plates was totally sweet. i think it might of been jedi ranger....

Yup, that was me. I now have 3 hilts with EL somewhere in the hilt. I think I have now tried every EL "decoration" idea I wanted to.

james3
02-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Thread pointless.

All of these guys here have done some neat and innovative thigs to make great hilts.

I have said it before that while the guys that have the artistic talent to take a piece of solid or tube and turn it in to a unique hilt with the Lathe and Mill, the "masters" of the craft will always be the hardware guys.

Th very purpose of the MHS started as a way to be more creative with hardware. Tim's stuff is so cool that alot of sabers just get built as is but the ones that have the overlays and other goodies are just mind blowing.

Bottom line. I think most everyone wants kudos for their work and that is why it is posted on here. There is no best.

kinchar bamin
02-27-2007, 10:55 AM
you guys all make sweet sabers (full of buttery goodness of course! :wink: )but most of you are adults so you have a proper advantage I have to use a brass curtain rail and weld a faucet knob onto the end :oops: and if im lucky my dad will cut out some metal for my emitter :roll: :lol: but my next project will be a transparent saber like xwings one so that all of the electronics will show :D

xwingband
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM
you guys all make sweet sabers (full of buttery goodness of course! :wink: )but most of you are adults so you have a proper advantage I have to use a brass curtain rail and weld a faucet knob onto the end :oops: and if im lucky my dad will cut out some metal for my emitter :roll: :lol: but my next project will be a transparent saber like xwings one so that all of the electronics will show :D

I don't think you know what "buttery goodnes" refers two since only two people as of yet have shown sabers with that.

Marsupial
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM

You're stepping in a hobby filled with adults with a passion for props, replicas, costumes and the like. Don't be offended some of us are ready to put some wealth into their collections. If you can't, there's alternate ways of doing things. My first custom saber was all made by hardware parts found at the hardware store and machined with very rudimentary equipment - if I could achieve it, so could you, as long as you're ready to put the necessary efforts into it.

You know, every hobby have several levels of dedication - do you think every stamp collectors can get expansive philatellic stamps or vintage rare ones? You start with what you have and expand your involvment in the hobby... and make your own choices.

Anyway, there are several people that praises the found-part-sabers props more then the custom-machined ones... its a lot easier with tim's MHS then it was before, it gives more options and is a great product for an easier customisation; yet leaves lots of room for hardware additions on it. But I am certain this hobby will keep on evolving. - we're far from the time where people tough Vader's saber was made with a King Sol and tank wiper blades ^_^

and I agree with X-Wing. the "butered toast" is a product that hasn't been released for a month yet... we don't "all make sweet sabers full of buttery goodness"

kinchar bamin
02-27-2007, 02:04 PM

You're stepping in a hobby filled with adults with a passion for props, replicas, costumes and the like. Don't be offended some of us are ready to put some wealth into their collections. If you can't, there's alternate ways of doing things. My first custom saber was all made by hardware parts found at the hardware store and machined with very rudimentary equipment - if I could achieve it, so could you, as long as you're ready to put the necessary efforts into it.

You know, every hobby have several levels of dedication - do you think every stamp collectors can get expansive philatellic stamps or vintage rare ones? You start with what you have and expand your involvment in the hobby... and make your own choices.

Anyway, there are several people that praises the found-part-sabers props more then the custom-machined ones... its a lot easier with tim's MHS then it was before, it gives more options and is a great product for an easier customisation; yet leaves lots of room for hardware additions on it. But I am certain this hobby will keep on evolving. - we're far from the time where people tough Vader's saber was made with a King Sol and tank wiper blades ^_^

and I agree with X-Wing. the "butered toast" is a product that hasn't been released for a month yet... we don't "all make sweet sabers full of buttery goodness"I only really meant by buttery goodness as in compared to the crap sabers that I make, but hopefully my jewel encrusted saber with a fake diamond pommel will be at least descent :roll:

Jonitus
02-27-2007, 03:16 PM
A thread like this tends to bother me to a degree. I don't think a single one of us is qualified to say whose saber is the "best". Perhaps if Mr. Lucas was to be our judge, that would be valid, but I have digressed.

Everyone here has done some neat things with their sabers. Sure, some are more on the "ghetto" side, but are still valid and still have their owner's touch put into them. Everything is a matter of individual taste.

I know that I have personally been inspired by stuff I have seen around here. Heck, my newest saber is borrowing from Jedi Ranger's saber with the emitter sleeve I cut, as well as the polished brass rings. His is a frickin' awesome saber, hence the inspiration (of course, he gets a nod on my website).

While some people like to machine their sabers, others like to build hardware jobbies. I got my start with hardware sabers and I still like them. I love making a Graflex-inspired saber out of aluminum or stainless tubing much more than a conversion of a replica. My Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and Quinlan Vos sabers will be hardware sabers. Just because they aren't machined doesn't make them any less grand.

I think we can find something positive to say about most any saber our members create and display for us.

Do I have a personal favorite I have seen here? Yes, I do. I'm not telling which one, though ;-)

Firebird21
02-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Do I have a personal favorite I have seen here? Yes, I do. I'm not telling which one, though ;-)

You're such a tease! :evil:

Ambo
02-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Heres my favorite saber......

wait....nope............

elrond.406
02-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Heres my favorite saber......

wait....nope............

:? Ookay?

DACOTA
02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
As Jim Gaffigan would say, "Very wierd."

Ambo
02-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Where.....*looks around franticly*.......i don't see a weird anywhere.....yer just joshin me aren't ya *nudges Dacota in the ribs with elbow*......that was good......totally got me....hehehehehehe.......i thought there was an ACTUAL weird over there.....hahahahaha......*wipes a tear away*

And Eellrroondd eye ham "okay"....howeveerr ewe "speel" it......

elrond.406
02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Think he's drunk? :wink:

Ambo
02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
nope...just thought i would talk at your level.....;)

elrond.406
02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Maybe Dihydrogen Monoxide overdose

darthdan
02-28-2007, 10:28 PM
It's not the wierds you have to worry about, but the vermicious knids.

DACOTA
03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Think he's drunk? :wink:

Possibly. (Says under his breath), "He went crazy up there,I didn't know what he was doing there for a second,I though he was on drugs or something.Very wierd."-Jim Gaffigan,Hot pockets.

Do-Clo
03-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok I think there is just a bit to much wierd going on :shock:

Lord Maul
03-01-2007, 03:40 PM
do clo, why is that a bad thing :roll: :?:
it makes for great reads :P

Ambo
03-01-2007, 04:35 PM
not to mention great posts.......LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supertrogdor
03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
:booooooooooooong: Sheesh Ambo give a guy a little more of a forewarning will ya'
gosh that smarts... anybody have some ibuprofin?

Ryma Mara
03-01-2007, 09:10 PM
wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

elrond.406
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM

Umm, where was the great post? :oops:

Do-Clo
03-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Go ahead make my day
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/sarge/Tomcat.gif

Ambo
03-03-2007, 12:05 AM

Obviously not yours.....N-I-M-R-O-D....Nothing Is More Retarded Or Demented....

Lord Maul
03-03-2007, 01:52 PM
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_roflmfao.gif

god that was a funny acronym Ambo :D

elrond.406
03-03-2007, 04:20 PM

Obviously not yours.....N-I-M-R-O-D....Nothing Is More Retarded Or Demented....

Nice one :lol: , but not that nice :roll: ...

Mor-El Kesav
03-15-2007, 08:01 PM
This one is so easy it's amusing. :lol: We all do. Just ask us individually and you will see.

kinchar bamin
04-23-2007, 11:21 AM
this topic has retarded itself almost as badly as ambo and his bottle of magic hat and solvent pen :P

Ambo
04-23-2007, 08:03 PM
The retardation may be the revival of this thread.........

Wow, you even lost me on that one...."his bottle of magic hat and solvent pen"....explain?

kinchar bamin
04-26-2007, 07:42 AM
magic hat =drunk

solvent pen = retarded
:D :shock: :x :evil: :!: :) :? :P :twisted: :?: :o :lol: :cry: :wink: :arrow: :|

Barmic Rin
04-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Oookayyyy.... 'Magic hat'?
It's all about the falling-down juice, that's my fave! :wink:

kinchar bamin
04-26-2007, 08:48 AM
:?: what type of falling down juice, weeble/bob :?:

Barmic Rin
04-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I'll tell you when you're older.
And it's Weebl! No 'E' at the end! :D

kinchar bamin
04-26-2007, 10:09 AM
you bring pie?

Barmic Rin
04-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I can see where this thread is headed.....

kinchar bamin
04-26-2007, 10:13 AM
where?

DACOTA
04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
The death star.Holy craaaaaaap. :?

Barmic Rin
04-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Dacota, ever sliced up a dancing banana before with four sabers.?.?.?....

Just read that back to myself.... oh dear....

kinchar bamin
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
:roll: lol :roll:

kinchar bamin
04-26-2007, 10:24 AM
:cry: im not talkin 2 u anymore :cry:

Barmic Rin
04-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Kidding! :wink:

kinchar bamin
04-26-2007, 10:35 AM
I know.who would want to kill a dancin banannana? :lol:

Barmic Rin
04-26-2007, 10:37 AM
I couldn't hurt this one:
http://static.flickr.com/33/65389567_9737b2a6b0_o.jpg

DACOTA
04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
who would want to kill a dancin banannana? :lol:

:twisted: HAHAHAHHheeee.I would :twisted:
Kidding. :lol:

Lord Maul
04-26-2007, 02:49 PM
http://static.flickr.com/33/65389567_9737b2a6b0_o.jpg

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_roflmfao.gif

perfect timing man!!
i'm falling out of my chair laughing

chase
04-26-2007, 06:59 PM
whoever is getting on to that kid about "creating dumb contests" should get over themselves. shouldnt you be glad that 10 year old kids are star wars fans? i dont see too many anymore.

fau-pa ramid
04-26-2007, 07:08 PM
whoever is getting on to that kid about "creating dumb contests" should get over themselves. shouldnt you be glad that 10 year old kids are star wars fans? i dont see too many anymore.

yeah i think it is something that is going to die with our generation. sad too its something i wanted to share with my kids ya know. :(

kinchar bamin
04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
star wars aint dead till another 3 gens methinks b'cos even the little early years in my school like starwars almost as much as me :wink:

:D :P and also I jst turned 11 :wink: 8)

Barmic Rin
04-27-2007, 10:43 AM
With most kids nowadays liking things like star wars is just a fad.
Once Spiderman3 hits the cinema's the Chewbacca bedspread will be replaced with the web covered one until the next big thing.
Back long, long ago (well, the 80's) we had the occasional fad like yo-yos, pogs etc., but most cartoons and movies had staying power in kid's hearts. Bring back Brave-starr, Thundercats & He-Man (not the sucky one from like 3yrs back).
That's what we need, Heroes back on the small screen that kids can look up to, not some brat and his mouse like on pokemon or any other simpleton shows like it.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Dude!

kinchar bamin
04-27-2007, 10:45 AM
:lol: what have you got against pokemon except the fact that ash is a f4g :lol:

Barmic Rin
04-27-2007, 10:52 AM
What I haven't got against pokemon is a shorter list.
It doesn't teach respect, morality or the difference between right or wrong like cartoons of our generation did.

I'm part of the 'Han Shot First' generation, you were bearly afew months old when the special edition versions of the original trilogy came out, alot happened in those years before you were born dude.
Alot of stuff is back in the past & can never be reclaimed, like we could play out in the streets when I was your age.
Nowadays there's kids killing other kids for no reason, like the one killed in London last month because he was walking down the stairs in the block of flats his friend lived in.
It's not the same world anymore... :cry:

kinchar bamin
04-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh, and Happy Birthday Dude!thanks dude :D

kinchar bamin
04-27-2007, 10:56 AM
What I haven't got against pokemon is a shorter list.
It doesn't teach respect, morality or the difference between right or wrong like cartoons of our generation did.

I'm part of the 'Han Shot First' generation, you were bearly afew months old when the special edition versions of the original trilogy came out, alot happened in those years before you were born dude.
Alot of stuff is back in the past & can never be reclaimed, like we could play out in the streets when I was your age.
Nowadays there's kids killing other kids for no reason, like the one killed in London last month because he was walking down the stairs in the block of flats his friend lived in.
It's not the same world anymore... :cry:I suppose that starwars does teach kids the difference between right and wrong becos all sith(in the trilogys)die or are shrivveled up pieces of crap :lol:

kinchar bamin
04-27-2007, 10:57 AM
dude, I was born too late :(

kinchar bamin
04-27-2007, 11:01 AM
http://static.flickr.com/33/65389567_9737b2a6b0_o.jpgdid any1 notice the EMPTY martini glass on the couch? im looking at lord maul :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
o crap quadtriple post :o

Novastar
05-09-2007, 03:07 AM
This "competition" will (very soon) be something that could easily go to Corbin.

Killer Penny.

If you don't know what I mean--try topping a saber that is like $1000 in value (although no that is NOT what it was costing Corb).

Anyhow. You all probably know the KP by now.

Just trying to end this sad-arse thread once and for ALL. :)

Marsupial
05-09-2007, 07:18 AM
I tried to point in that direction on page 2 (KP not being as advanced as it is now, I was refering the the predecessor) and it didn't do much.

I keep on saying this thread is useless. everyone's preferred saber is different.

Barmic Rin
05-09-2007, 08:10 AM
And yet we keep on posting....? :D

Ryma Mara
05-09-2007, 08:42 AM
This one is just like the tcssbot watch topic. at least my french fry topic was about something real.

Marsupial
05-09-2007, 10:32 AM
It had no point.

it wasn't even trying to start a discussion, just pointless.

Novastar
05-09-2007, 11:59 PM
This bickering is pointless!

-- Grand Moff Tarken

;)