PDA

View Full Version : AV Switch Terminals Wiring

Bwhalen0119
02-01-2017, 08:01 PM
So we all know that soldering is the number one way most of us wire our AV Switches. But what if you want to change out colors or designs?! You have to re-solder and hope your joints stay strong after multiple changes. Well, is there a way to quick connect DIRECTLY to the switch for really easy wiring?

Has anyone tried finding/using Female Wiring Terminals that fit the small 2mm (.079in) wiring terminals on the bottom of a switch?

!!NOTICE!! Do not try to sell me some or refer me to a shop. Obey the forum rules!! I just want to know if it is even a thing being done in the Saber community or if we all just solder and leave it be.

Generic Jedi
02-02-2017, 03:17 AM
I don't know about connectors for the switch legs, but I've used JST connectors for the swiches.

rlobrecht
02-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Generic beat me to the JST suggestion. You might be able to find spade terminal connectors small enough for the legs.

One thing you will need to think about is the cramfu associated with those connectors. They might be bulky.

Silver Serpent
02-02-2017, 06:36 AM
I've never seen anyone use that type of connector in a saber before. No real reason you couldn't, except for space concerns.

To go along with what Generic Jedi said, it's more common to attach a JST connector to your switch and swap it out that way.

scinnamon
02-08-2017, 11:33 AM
I was asking about those too. No one answered so I tried them. Now my pcb doesn't fit inside the hilt. Those little 2mm connectors increase the width just enough outside diameter.