PDA

View Full Version : I'm having issues with custom sound fonts

soul products
01-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Hello everyone, I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on this issue.

So I've decided to start playing around with customizing and tweaking some sound fonts on my Nano B.

Basically all I've done is replace the hum.wav and boot.wav with my new sounds, nothing fancy, figured I'd start small. I do everything in the order everyone recommends:

1) copy all files from the card to my computer
2)reformat the card, not quick reformat
3) re-install my new files onto the board along with the others that are required

However, when I go to boot up the board and my speaker the new boot does not play (replaced by a single extra beep), the powerup file will play, then silence where the hum should be and then it can play the powerdown if I turn it all off. This is all on bank1, bank2 is just the dark meat. I've tried exporting my files as both 16 and 32 bit WAV files, the hum file is the same time length as the original hum (pretty sure that doesn't matter), both are mono, and everything works when I powerup the blade, LED included, save for the custom fonts. At this point I'm at a loss. I've dug through several other posts here but non of those solutions fix my problem, hopefully someone here can help.

I'm running Windows 10 and the memory card is the one that TCSS sends with the board (4G, I've tried partitioning the card, still trying to figure that out. I need a decent third party app, any suggestions?).

Thanks!!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-14-2017, 05:41 PM
The sound files HAVE to be in the proper format. Consult the manual for details.

soul products
01-14-2017, 06:52 PM
The sound files HAVE to be in the proper format. Consult the manual for details.

I'm pretty sure that my files are in the correct format, I only changed the type of WAV file to attempt to troubleshoot. I've followed the manual step by step.

soul products
01-14-2017, 08:45 PM
Found the issue. For what ever reason my computer wasn't completely formatting the card. I guess it would leave just enough behind of the original font to interfere with the new one. Third party formatter ended up doing the trick.