PDA

View Full Version : Did You Know?

Lord Maul
02-17-2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.scottmcleod.org/didyouknow.wmv

this is absolutely amazing :shock: :?

Jedi Belinos
02-17-2007, 09:59 PM
ok so i get no video just sound. Is it just me?

Lord Maul
02-17-2007, 11:24 PM
you have to have windows media player to see the words. it is truly amazing once you see it

Ronin
02-18-2007, 06:29 PM
If it wasn't for the hilarious epic music it would be kinda dull. Some of the facts are really interesting though.

Lord Maul
02-18-2007, 10:58 PM
like how the freshmen in college pretty soon will be learning stuff in their first year that will be outdated by their third :shock: :shock:

Ronin
02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
That one was a little spooky. This is my last year in school, if I don't go to grad school, to think that so much of what I have already learned is outdated :(. But at the same time it just gives me more of a reason to keep up with the current.

Angelus Lupus
02-19-2007, 03:20 PM
If it wasn't for the hilarious epic music ...

That's the theme from Last of the Mohicans, one of my top favourite film scores

Nightwing
02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
It's interesting how this video never cites actual scientific studies.

Seriously, it was just an infomercial/propaganda for China.

If I'm to believe this video, then Chinese robot overlords will rule the planet in less than 50 years.

Jedi Ranger
02-19-2007, 06:22 PM
If I'm to believe this video, then Chinese robot overlords will rule the planet in less than 50 years.

*LOL* And now WE know...........

Jonitus
02-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I for one welcome our Chinese robot overlords with more computational power than the entire human race.

Meh...I'll be dead by then. You youngsters have fun with Skynet, mmmkay?

Firebird21
02-19-2007, 07:47 PM
You youngsters have fun with Skynet, mmmkay?

That reminds me of the connection I thought up between The Terminator, The Matrix, The De Vinci Code and Star Wars...

In short, they are all the same movie!

So, assuming you've seen all 10 movies, this is how I came to this conclusion...

The Terminator came first. That was where it all started, but unfortunately the war didn't go well for the human race. So after we had the bright idea to "block out the sun" the machines got the bright idea to use us as there main source of power...

Enter The Matrix.

So the machines create the matrix, however; it's unstable and they have to keep starting over and over again. Star Wars just happens to be one of those tries, hence "A long time ago..."

So that makes Jedis just a bunch of Neos without a clue. The Force is just them controlling the Matrix, but they don't really understand that this is the real reason for it.

So you might now ask, "What does the De Vinci Code have to do with any of this?" Well, in The Matrix they go to see "The Frenchman" who is of the Merovingian blood line. In The De Vinci Code the Merovingian’s are the direct decedents of Jesus, who could be construed also having control of the Matrix, thus performing all the miracles described in The New Testament.

And that’s how I came to this conclusion. I have way too much time on my hands…
:roll:

Ryma Mara
02-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Good one FB. Humm I do kinda the same thing cept it happens when Iam really drunk.

and its usually stuff about the unaverse, scientology and religion and how the whole world is boned.

Ambo
02-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Wow.....all i have to say Firebird is .....wow.....that is something that a friggin genius would think up......that is friggin amazing man......

Lord Maul
02-19-2007, 09:11 PM
firebird, you need to get a life :?
to think up that whole thing you have waaaayyyyy too much time on your hands :roll:

Marsupial
02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
The Terminator came first. That was where it all started, but unfortunately the war didn't go well for the human race. So after we had the bright idea to "block out the sun" the machines got the bright idea to use us as there main source of power...

Enter The Matrix.

So the machines create the matrix, however; it's unstable and they have to keep starting over and over again. Star Wars just happens to be one of those tries, hence "A long time ago..."

So that makes Jedis just a bunch of Neos without a clue. The Force is just them controlling the Matrix, but they don't really understand that this is the real reason for it.

So you might now ask, "What does the De Vinci Code have to do with any of this?" Well, in The Matrix they go to see "The Frenchman" who is of the Merovingian blood line. In The De Vinci Code the Merovingian’s are the direct decedents of Jesus, who could be construed also having control of the Matrix, thus performing all the miracles described in The New Testament.

Yeah, but...
what if when they constructed the matrix they couldn't reproduce the tastes of things, let say duck... or frogs. That might be why everything tastes like chicken!

maybe you should sell time. People need more time. I'd buy a case of time for sure :P

elrond.406
02-21-2007, 06:08 PM
[quote="Firebird21"]REALLY LARGE QUOTE! Please don;t do that. -Xwing/quote]

:o wow... :shock:

Ambo
02-21-2007, 06:49 PM
What the?........lost me there.......

Angelus Lupus
02-21-2007, 06:55 PM
He quoted over a screens worth of stuff from 2 people and then simply added 'wow'
I think Xwing modified his post after that

elrond.406
02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
whoops! :oops:

Nightwing
02-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Right, so... back to our apparent doom...

I seriously doubt that computers will reach the total complexity of the human brain. They might be able to think faster, but they can't be as creative.

Little movies like this reduce humankind's intelligence down to basically just an organic computer. So, what? Mankind doesn't have a soul? Our minds are just computers, and our bodies are just machines?

I don't believe that mankind can ever create "virtual life", because I don't believe that life is a simple mechanism.

WeirdoTransvestite
02-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Firebird, where can I get some of the stuff you're smoking?