PDA

View Full Version : Will there be more photon colors in the future?

Aziara
12-31-2016, 01:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows whether there will be more photon-type blade colors anytime soon. Having seen a photon green in person now, I MUST have a photon blade :cool:. Green isn't really my favorite blade color though. I'm more a fan of yellow or gold.
So will there be more colors someday? Does anyone know when? I'm currently putting together a saber, and I'm wondering whether I should go with a blue LED and get a green photon blade, or if I should go with another color in anticipation of a gold/yellow photon blade.

alcadude
01-01-2017, 12:06 PM
They already have a thin walled yellow blade.http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/1-Thin-walled-Trans-Yellow-PolyC-40-long-P1216.aspx

hapki
01-01-2017, 02:23 PM
I'd love to get my hands on a yellow photon blade. The one you linked to is just a yellow thin walled blade. It doesn't do the photon effect. Unless I'm missing something.

Silver Serpent
01-01-2017, 03:53 PM
As far as I'm aware, they are working on it. Finding proper fluorescent dyes that work with polycarbonate isn't the easiest. Some of the standard dyes don't give good lightsaber colors.

minorhero
01-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Was reading on other forums that so far they have only come up with "enhanced day blades" which still use blue light to create the effect, but do not work as well as as the photon green blades. I hope TCSS starts selling these soon but right now you can get them elsewhere.

jbkuma
01-01-2017, 08:59 PM
The enhanced day blades have been in the shop for a while. They fluoresce, but blue light still shines through giving it a really interesting core effect. The tip actually lights up really nicely. I'm haven't gotten the red or blue, so I can't comment on those.