PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Tim, err... Corbin on the new intro to sabers!

Firebird21
02-16-2007, 01:07 PM
The new introduction to sabers is very nice!

You obviously put a lot of time and effort into it, especially with all the links, I and just want to brown nose a little by saying a job very well done!

Anyone got a tissue?

vortextwist
02-16-2007, 01:11 PM
it is nice. hopefully the new kids will check it out.

bsman
02-16-2007, 01:26 PM
yea the conversion tutorial really helped but im waiting for that anakin conversion tutorial

I hope it comes before others ones !!! :lol:

xwingband
02-16-2007, 01:59 PM
yea the conversion tutorial really helped but im waiting for that anakin conversion tutorial

I hope it comes before others ones !!! :lol:

PSST!!! Check the 3W conversion forum... it's already there.

supertrogdor
02-16-2007, 02:44 PM
a Marvelous collection of information Tim
Well done indeed

SaberGirl
02-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Actually, Mr. Corbin did this for ya'll :) Direct your thank you's to him ! :)

Strydur
02-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Yup..its all Corbin. I think he did a great job and will continue to keep it updated as he finds time.

Lord Maul
02-16-2007, 05:12 PM
great work tim!
now maybe we will get less n00bish questions around here :?

elrond.406
02-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Here you are, Firebird:

http://mk23.image.pbase.com/o4/53/641953/1/58561037.KLEENEX.jpg

:oops: little too small? :lol:

Jedi-Loreen
02-16-2007, 11:44 PM
I had a feeling that was Corbin's hand in that. Some how it just felt like it.

Maybe I just spend too much time reading his posts on TF.N's Jedi Council C&P forum. :P

Firebird21
02-17-2007, 07:36 AM
I had a feeling that was Corbin's hand in that. Some how it just felt like it.

Maybe I just spend too much time reading his posts on TF.N's Jedi Council C&P forum. :P

Me too... Don't ask me how or why but as I was posting I was thinking to myself, "I think I should be thanking Corbin too, but his name isn't anywhere..."

Well Kudo's to Corbin too!!! :D

Strydur
02-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Me too... Don't ask me how or why but as I was posting I was thinking to myself, "I think I should be thanking Corbin too, but his name isn't anywhere..."

Under step 1.

In an attempt to help answer some questions regarding what type of sabers are available here and how they differ from each other, we've compiled this overview. If you find this overview does not answer your questions, please do not hesitate to PM me or email

Corbin@theCustomSaberShop.com

Firebird21
02-17-2007, 10:59 AM
This is where I stopped reading that sentence....

If you find this overview does not answer your questions,...

Oh well...

Ambo
02-17-2007, 04:54 PM
you can read?

Firebird21
02-17-2007, 08:56 PM
you can read?

I had no questions, why continue to read the rest of the sentence?

DACOTA
02-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I thought it was very cool and smart,maybe we wont get too many dumb questions now.Good job Corbin, and Tim just because he is cool.

Marsupial
02-18-2007, 12:12 AM
I thought it was very cool and smart,maybe we wont get too many dumb questions now.Good job Corbin, and Tim just because he is cool.

Believe me, noobs will still ask stupid question. Only thing that will change is that instead of typing the answer over and over again, you'll have a nice guide to point them to, and might spare the 2nd and 3rd questions they'll ask ^_^

Kudos to Corbin for a great work!

Lord Maul
02-18-2007, 12:29 AM
but mars, then they'll just call us ***holes for not telling them the answers and actually making them look :x
it's happened before :shock: :?

Corbin_Das
02-18-2007, 02:05 AM
Thanks everyone
It definitely took some doing to get everything together on those threads. There's still a few things that are going to be touched up, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out so far.

If anyone has any suggestions or anything, please feel free to let me know.

Corbin

Ryma Mara
02-18-2007, 12:01 PM
I think it would be helpfull with maybe battery info and other options for led driving like puck drivers, mr board and maybe something about how Ma works and forward voltage.

elrond.406
02-18-2007, 09:07 PM
What does "kudos" mean? 8)

Lord Maul
02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
it means along the lines of points. the more ya get, the better you are. have you ever played Project Gothem Racing? that game uses kudos to get you farther in the game

Marsupial
02-19-2007, 06:59 AM
but mars, then they'll just call us ***holes for not telling them the answers and actually making them look :x
it's happened before :shock: :?

Yeah, but moderators are allowed to delete those posts... plus disrespectfull language is a good way to get banned ;)
I mean, the correct answer to a question is either the info, or where to find it. Now if its made a wrong way, I can see people not being happy, but otherwise, they should do their homework...

Corbin_Das
02-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi all
Yeah, it gets old answering the same question over and over...and being able to direct someone to a FAQ page or something helps. Still, it comes with the territory when you're working with sabers to have a "Newbian" ask "What's a Luxeon?" or "Do your blades really cut things?". :? I don't get those types of questions much now, but I used to.
I agree it's nice to have someone that's done their homework, but still has a question about something more specific. Even if the answer seems obviously simple to me, I have to try and remember that many of the folks asking the questions have never even seen some of these sabers in person, let alone tried to make one themselves.
So it gets annoying sometimes, but so long as they made a reasonable attempt to do their homework, I don't mind helping folks out by answering questions.

Corbin

elrond.406
02-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, it gets old answering the same question over and over...and being able to direct someone to a FAQ page or something helps. Still, it comes with the territory when you're working with sabers to have a "Newbian" ask "What's a Luxeon?" or "Do your blades really cut things?". :? I don't get those types of questions much now, but I used to.

Corbin

:lol:

I agree it's nice to have someone that's done their homework,...

Corbin

...like me! 8)