PDA

View Full Version : Help with starkiller shroud designing please

LightsaberToothedTiger
12-07-2016, 05:15 PM
So im looking for opinions on this design idea. My starkiller build is consisting of Blade holder 2, 3.7 extension (didn't wanna try and line up screw holes on the v groove or ribbed so I went solid), 6 inch double female and pommel 1. Shroud for the top is about 6 inches long and the bottom grip shroud is about 5 inches long. My goal is to have a chassis which is attached to the top portion and the bottom 6.7 inches of the hilt will be removable. I have cut and shaped both top and bottom sections and have so far fastened some 1/4 inch steel bars to the bottom shroud with 6-32 screws but am somewhat reluctant to go further and drill through the hilt piece and pommel without asking for some opinions. Should I just use the shroud as a guide for pilot holes on the hilt piece and then tap through the shroud so it lines up? Or should I have done something completely different? Here's a couple pictures to show where I'm at so far.

NaasadTal
12-08-2016, 06:13 AM
LOVE seeing Starkiller builds & yours build is VERY similar to my own (feel free to check out my WIP thread which is linked in my signature), I did my crystal chamber window a little differently & I have a different pommel, but the rest is almost exactly the same.

When I get ready to drill the holes for my button head screws & other greebage, I plan to use the shroud as my guide as it's a little cheaper to replace if I screw it up. I will probably use one of my graflex thumbscrews as an anchor to hold the shroud in place while I drill & tap the rest.

Good luck on your build, I look forward to seeing more progress!