PDA

View Full Version : anakin Rots conversion

bsman
02-16-2007, 12:35 PM
hey i kno this is a very nooby question put could someone tell me wat u do in an conversion like a tutorial

xwingband
02-16-2007, 02:06 PM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5

It's right there. While not "complete" you should be able to get what is needed. Look at the Vader wiring... it's the same. Then you cut the plastic part to fit the holder. Reinsert it in reverse of the taking it apart.

elrond.406
02-16-2007, 05:15 PM
BSman:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/CptCameron/fire.gif
:twisted:

My first flames...

JediMcD
02-16-2007, 07:58 PM
I was wondering about the Anakin ROTS sabers that have the DIN plugs. Which wires hook up to + and which wires hook up to -. It is different than the tutorial, and I was wondering what people were doing with this version. So far every way I wire it I can get sound but no light. From the clash sensor/DIN plug combo there is a brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple wire.

I am just going to leave the combo together instead of trying to get it apart and tear it up in the process. Could someone guide me in the right direction on this?

Lord Maul
02-16-2007, 08:06 PM
i would think that you just plug the DIN together and crap it into the hilt. it doesn't change the way the wires work, just the way their set up. i don't know if this is right, but i would think that you just plug it together and then act like it is all just wire, and follow the original instructions

vortextwist
02-16-2007, 08:17 PM
i guess I can't picture what your saying. the rots one should wire just like the vader.

Lord Maul
02-16-2007, 08:26 PM
who, me?
all i'm saying is plug together the DIN plug, shove it into the hilt, and forget about it. just wire it from there like you normally would.

JediMcD
02-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Vortex, there are some Anakin sabers that had these quick removal DIN plugs. They are very different than what the tutorials show.

Maul, I have tried wiring it up multiple ways to no avail. There must be some different wire layout coming from the DIN plug. Some of the wires must not be color coded the same between different saber models.

I don't know, but I do know that this is starting to frustrate the snot out of me.

Lord Maul
02-16-2007, 08:45 PM
so you tried just doing it with the color like they are for the normal conversion??
strange. well, you know that the shock sensor goes to positive so just try it with each of the others, and by process of elimination you will get it right. hmm, i wonder if that might fry the board, cause that's definently not good :roll:

JediMcD
02-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Well I just got it to work. The brown wire from the DIN plug goes to the positive on the LED. All the other wires go to the negative. Only thing wierd now is that the blade is flickering when it senses a clash. Not that it is all that bad of an effect. I just don't think it is suppose to do that. Oh well. It is at least lighting up the LED now.

vortextwist
02-16-2007, 09:16 PM
do you have a pic becouse on mine it is just like the vader, blue from clash sensor and purple go to pos on led and the others go to neg on led

jjshumpert
02-16-2007, 10:37 PM
if you look at the vader tutorial there is a pic with the blade out of the stock holder where there is a black plug attached to the base of the blade, that is the din plug setup... kinda works like a quick disconnect, the few that ive worked with i replaced the wire harness from the header on the module with spares from standard ani/vader sabers. after about 3 hours of trying to make sense of the din plug i finally gave up and took the slackers way out

Darth Morbius
02-17-2007, 10:10 AM
:? Weird...

I had a DIN Anakin, but the wiring matched up in colors just like my non DIN plug version. The only thing different was the DIN plug itself. I just de-soldered the clash sensor from the board and soldered it in line without the board.

I used the extra wire from the LED ladder so all my colors matched up correctly. This way actually saves a lot of room in the hilt because it removes the DIN plug completely. :D

That is strange that MR had the brown wire going to positive though... All the others I have seen have that one as a negative wire.