PDA

View Full Version : I dont get the rubber grips

bsman
02-15-2007, 09:55 PM
In the description it says that tim sells them by the foot so if i want 5feet i put 5 under quantity ???? Or do u sell them by the strip ?? plz help lol im a noob now i just discovered custom sabers and i used to think MP was the only people lol

987654321a
02-15-2007, 11:20 PM
he sells them by the foot so do the math. 5 ft X $5 = 25 Bucks...hooray!

Tenric Starkindler
02-16-2007, 12:13 AM
figure out how long each grip will be on your saber (say 5")
multiply by the number of grips you need (say 6 for 30" total)
divide by 12 (to get 2.5 feet)
round up (to 3 feet)
and you know how much to order.

bsman
02-16-2007, 10:04 AM
ok thanks you answered my question partially but u forgot one thing.............. if i want 5 feet i put 5 in quantity??

vortextwist
02-16-2007, 11:22 AM
i beleive so.

bsman
02-16-2007, 11:28 AM
thanks .....I cant wait to show this off to my friends

SaberGirl
02-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Yep. he's correct. Quantity 1 = 1foot.. Quantity 5= 5feet

bsman
02-16-2007, 11:45 AM
sabergirl you seem to know alot about custom sabers

so if i have an empty hilt...lets say anakin rots .......can i just put the basic electric kit and a completed blade and it works fine ???

Firebird21
02-16-2007, 11:50 AM
so if i have an empty hilt...lets say anakin rots .......can i just put the basic electric kit and a completed blade and it works fine ???

Not quite...

An empty hilt doesn't have any of the guts that hold everything together including holding the blade. You'd need a conversion kit, at least the basic electronics kit (the MR Sound board would be better) and a battery pack to use it.

That's provided that this empty hilt still has the switch, end cap, and any other trim pieces otherwise you'd be doing some additional fabrication for these parts.

Empty hilts are usualy reserved for customizing or practice non-functional sabers. There's no advantage to starting off with an empty MR hilt just to make it whole again unless you were planning on doing modifacations along the way and just wanted something to start from.

But then again, noone's going to stop you ether. :wink:

SaberGirl
02-16-2007, 11:51 AM
If you have the proper conversion kit for the hilt you're using (ie. anakin conversion kit), and the basic electronics kit, you shouldnt have any problem putting something together.

my best advice is to browse through peoples saber photos, look at their specs and what they used to build what. and get more of an idea what you are really wanting. You can build a saber out of a $1 store flashlight and some junk innards if you are just wanting to try making your first saber.

Try looking over the tutorials , and browse the forums until you're blue in the face, and then you'll have more of an idea what kinda saber you wanna get yourself into :)

bsman
02-16-2007, 11:56 AM
i kno i already did its just its kinda expensive so i thought this might be a lil bit cheaper