PDA

View Full Version : 2002 MR Anakin Blade question

eliasbboy
10-26-2016, 07:51 AM
I've been searching for a few days now because I didn't want to ask an answered question, but I'm having no luck. Forgive me if I missed it.

I had a great condition 2002 Master Replicas AOTC Anakin. EL, sound, effects, everything worked great. My ten year old daughter wanted to see it, and well we know how that ended up. :(

She leaned on it and the blade cracked right where is meets the hilt. Everything still works perfectly, except for the broken blade. She is absolutely devastated and no matter mow much I've assured her I don't mind, she keeps writing me notes and apologizing. I'm desperate to get this fixed, in any way, to help get her to forget about it.

I'm no electrician or expert, but I do enjoy tinkering a bit. Is a conversion on this unit above my ability? I've read the conversion threads and nothing in there gave me too much confidence.

Can the blade just be replaced? Or, to solve every issue, is there anyone that does the conversions/repairs as a business? The few people I've contacted, here included, informed me that blade is not really done anymore.

Thanks for ANY help.

Silver Serpent
10-26-2016, 08:43 AM
A conversion is certainly possible. It would involve removing ALL the electronics and replacing them with a more modern solution. EL technology is incompatible with LED tech, so you wouldn't be able to mix and match parts.

If you want someone that can do the conversion for you, you'd need to go to another site like FX-Sabers and ask there.